adv in a bitter way 苦苦地; 惨痛地
*be bitterly disappointed 伤心失望
* She wept bitterly. 她哭得很伤心.
* He is bitterly (ie very deeply) opposed to nuclear weapons. 他强烈地反对核武器.
in a way that produces or shows feelings of great sadness or anger
He complained bitterly about his exam grades.
I was bitterly disappointed .
The march was bitterly opposed by local residents.
1. For even though it was still summer, it rained continually and it was often bitterly cold. 虽然是盛夏季节,可总是阴雨连绵，而且常常冷得要命。
2. For even though it was still summer, it rained continually and it was often bitterly cold. 因为即使那时仍为夏季，但雨总是下个不停，而且常常冷得厉害。
3. The two men quarrelled bitterly and it was clear that the argument could only be settled by a fight. 两个人争吵不休，显而易见，只有较量一番才能解决问题。
4. A.You become depressed and complain bitterly about the insurance company. a.你感到沮丧，对保险公司大发牢骚。
5. "It´s our own fault," I thought bitterly . “这怨我们自己，”我痛苦地暗自想着。