名词:brander 动词过去式:branded 过去分词:branded 现在分词:branding 第三人称单数:brands
1 (a) particular make of goods or their trade mark 商品的牌子; 商标
*Which brand of toothpaste do you prefer? 你爱用什么牌子的牙膏?
* [attrib 作定语] a `brand name 商标名称
* brand loyalty, ie tendency of customers to continue buying the same brand 对某商标的信赖（顾客购买同一牌子商品的倾向）.
(b) particular type or kind 特殊的种类
*a strange brand of humour 一种古怪的幽默.
2 piece of burning wood 燃烧着的木头.
3 (a) mark of identification (esp on cattle and sheep) made with a hot iron 烙印（尤指打在牛羊身上的）.
(b) (also `branding-iron) iron used for this （作上述用的）烙铁. =>illus at iron 见iron之插图.
1 [Tn, Tn.pr] ~ sth (on sth) mark sth with or as if with a brand(3a) （似）在某事物上打烙印
*On big farms cattle are usually branded. 大农场里的牛通常打有烙印.
* (fig 比喻) The experiences of his unhappy childhood are branded on his memory. 他童年的不幸遭遇铭刻在他的记忆里.
2 [Tn, Cn.n, Cn.n/a] ~ sb (as sth) give a bad name to sb; denounce sb 给某人加上污名; 谴责某人
*The scandal branded him for life. 这件丑事使他终生蒙受耻辱.
* He was branded (as) a trouble-maker for taking part in the demonstration. 他因参加了示威游行而被指责为捣乱分子.
Karl Hillebrand (September 17, 1829 - October 19, 1884) was a German author.
1. What brand is your new auto? 你的新轿车是什么牌子的?
2. What brand is your new auto? 你的新轿车是什么牌子的?
3. Complete information is given — brand, type of item, and price. 商标、物品名称、价格应有尽有。
4. I found this to be a reliable brand of washing machine. 我觉得这是一种牌子可靠的洗衣机。
5. It is best to keep to hot drinks, bottled or canned drinks of well-known brand names----international standards of water treatment are usually followed at bottling plants. 最好仅饮用开水，名牌瓶装或罐装水 -- 装瓶厂通常遵循国际水处理的标准。
6. For the first time, the customer can see the transaction recorded — and gets a receipt on which every item he or she has picked out is printed by brand name, its price, even the time of purchase. 顾客首次看到所购物品被登录——还能拿到一张收据，收据上明细地列出他所买商品的商标、价格，就连购买时间也列出。