n.褐色 adj.褐色的,棕色的 v.(使)成褐色,晒黑
名词:brownness 形容词:brownish 形容词比较级:browner 最高级:brownest 动词过去式:browned 过去分词:browned 现在分词:browning 第三人称单数:browns
adj (-er, -est)
1 having the colour of toasted bread, or coffee mixed with milk 褐色的; 棕色的
*brown eyes 棕色的眼睛
* dark brown shoes 深褐色的皮鞋
* leaves turning brown in the autumn 秋天枯黄的树叶.
2 having skin of this colour; sun-tanned 棕色皮肤的; 太阳晒黑的
*He's very brown after his summer holiday. 他一暑假皮肤晒得黝黑.
3 (idm 习语) (as) brown as a `berry having skin tanned brown by the sun or the weather 皮肤晒得黝黑的. in a brown `study in deep thought; in a reverie 沉思; 默想; 出神.
1 [C, U] brown colour 棕色
*leaves of various shades of brown 各种深浅不同的棕色树叶.
2 [U] brown clothes 褐色衣物
*Brown doesn't suit you. 你不适合穿褐色衣服.
v [I, Tn]
1 (cause sth to) become brown （使某物）变成褐色
*Heat the butter until it browns. 把黄油加热, 直到变成褐色为止.
* a face browned by the sun 太阳晒黑了的面孔.
2 (idm 习语) browned `off (infml 口 esp Brit) bored; fed up; disheartened 厌烦的; 忍受够了的; 气馁的
*He's browned off with his job. 他厌烦他的工作.
1. By the next day the exposed parts of his body had turned a chocolate brown. 第二天，他身上裸露的部位变成了巧克力一样的棕色。
2. But in the main, I feel like a brown bag of mixed items propped up against a wall. 但我大体上还是感觉自己像一只靠墙立着装满各种杂物的棕色皮袋子。
3. The leaves are turning brown. 树叶变成褐色的了。
4. The skin is softer, smoother, wrinkles decrease but are not eliminated, and marks and fine brown lines disappear. 皮肤更柔软、更光滑，皱纹虽非全部去除但已减少，斑点和细小的棕色纹路消失。
5. Here you can see two workers who, between them, have just finished cutting three cartloads of golden brown macaroni stalks. 这里您可以看到两个工人，他们协力割下了3车金黄色的通心粉秸。
6. Her eyes are big and a little shy, her voice is soft, her skin a light brown colour.) 大眼睛，有点羞答答的，柔和的声音，浅褐色的皮肤）
7. Her baby is in the bucket swing, big brown eyes and wild curly hair. 她的孩子坐在吊桶秋千上，有一双褐色的大眼睛，满头蓬乱的卷发。
8. Among these I would list string and brown paper, 这些东西中我想举出线绳和包装纸为例。
9. Something I had always known — the way I knew my skin was the brown color of a nut rubbed repeatedly with a soft cloth, or the way I knew my own name — something I took completely for granted, "the sun is shining, the air is warm" — was not 某些我一直知道的东西——就象知道自己的皮肤像是用软布反复摩擦后的那种坚果棕色，或者就象知道我自己的名字——某种我完全把它当作理所当然的东西——"阳光灿烂，空气暖和",——居然会并非如此。
10. Miss Brown is a celibate. 布朗小姐是个独身主义者。