1. Beavers are noted for their skill in building dams across streams . 海狸以会在溪中筑水坝而闻名。
2. Before it becomes a retirement village, Silicon Valley may prove a classroom for building a global business. 在硅谷变成一个退休村之前，它很可能成为建立全球商业的一个教学场地。
3. By building the city both deep into the ground and high above it, there would be room for far more people and everything else than there is in today´s two dimensional city. 由于这种城市既建在地下深处，又造在地上高空中，所以能容纳的人和其它各种东西会比今天的平面城市多得多。
4. B. I agree. To go all out for the building of socialism: that is our Song of Youth. B． 我同意。全力以赴地进行社会主义建设：这是我们的“青春之歌”。
5. By then, Miss Parry had crawled (爬行) to the back of the building, where doors to the apartment house held out hope for safety. 此时帕里小姐已经爬到了大楼的后面，那儿的门提供了逃生的希望。
6. Besides working to improve building structures, people in areas where earthquakes are common need to prepare for the possibility of a great earthquake. 除了设法改善建筑结构外，地震频发区的人们也需要为可能发生的大地震做好防备工作。
7. Building that second house or apartment used lots of resources and created lots of construction rubbish. 建造第二栋房子或公寓用去了大量资源，也制造了大量的建筑垃圾。
8. Who are the builders of this building? 这个建筑物是谁建造的?
9. Who is responsible for the building´s maintenance? 谁负责这座大楼的保养事宜?
10. Wood and stone are building materials. 木材和石头是建筑材料。