名词:butcherer 动词过去式:butchered 过去分词:butchered 现在分词:butchering 第三人称单数:butchers
1 person whose job is killing animals for food or cutting up and selling meat 屠夫; 肉商
*buy meat at the butcher's (shop) 在肉铺买肉.
2 (derog 贬) person who kills people unnecessarily and brutally 妄杀无辜者; 刽子手
*a mindless butcher of innocent people 滥杀无辜毫无人性的刽子手.
1 kill and prepare (animals) for meat 屠宰.
2 (derog 贬) kill (people or animals) unnecessarily and brutally 屠杀, 滥杀, 残杀（人或动物）
*Women and children were butchered by the rebels. 妇女和儿童遭到叛乱者的屠杀.
3 (fig 比喻) make a mess of (sth); ruin 将（某事物）弄得一团糟; 毁坏
*None of the cast can act at all they're butchering the play. 这班演员中没有一个人会演戏--他们把这个戏演得一团糟.
1. Butcher: Do you want beef or lamb? 肉商:你想要牛肉还是要小羊肉?
2. Were you at the butcher´s, too? 您也在肉店里吗？
3. The local butcher had lost his wallet while taking his savings to the post-office. 当地的肉店老板在带着存款去邮局时，丢失了钱包。
4. He is a butcher by trade. 他的职业是屠夫。
5. Hullo, Mrs Williams. Were you at the butcher´s? 您好, 威廉斯夫人. 你刚才在肉店里吗?
6. Hello. Were you at the butcher´s? 您好。刚才您在肉店里吗？
7. Her basket on her arm, she went to the fruiterer´s, the grocer´s, the butcher´s, bargaining, defending every sou of her miserable money. 胳膊上挎着篮子，她去水果店、杂货店和肉店，讨价还价，极力维护辛苦挣来的每一个铜板。
8. Sam Benton, the local butcher, had lost his wallet while taking his savings to the post office. 当地的屠户萨姆.本顿在把存款送往邮局的途中把钱包丢了。
9. "We owe the butcher two and sevenpence." “我们欠肉店老板二先令七便士。”
10. Reb Sussel knew how to butcher meat, so he decided to change his job and opened a small butcher shop. 莱伯·萨塞尔懂得屠宰，所以他决定改行开一家小肉铺。