railway on a steep slope along which cars are drawn up and down by a moving cable with power from a stationary engine at the bottom or the top 缆车铁路.
a railway on which vehicles are pulled up steep slopes by a moving cable
1. But a single optical fiber with a diameter of less than half a millimeter can carry more information than a large cable made of copper wires. 但是单单一根直径小于半毫米的光纤电缆就可以比由铜丝制成的粗电缆负载更多的信息。
2. Broadly speaking, however, the superhighway refers to the union of today's broadcasting, cable, video, telephone, and computer and semiconductor industries into one large all-connected industry. 但广义地说，信息高速公路是指由今天的广播、电视、录像、电话、电脑、半导体等产业组合而成的一个互相关联的大产业。
3. The gifts to him would have filled a railway car. 送给他的礼物将会装满一节火车车皮.
4. The railway of the future may be hovertrain. 将来的铁路很可能是"气垫火车"
5. The road runs parallel with the railway. 该公路与铁路平行.
6. They will also be building new roads and a special railway-line. 他们还将兴建新的公路和一条铁路专线。
7. The truck used a cable to tow the car. 卡车用缆索拖曳汽车。
8. The railway station was big, black and dark. 火车站很大，又黑又暗。
9. They will also be building new roads and a special railway line. 他们还将修筑一些新的道路和一条铁路专线。
10. This platform would serve as a port and a railway station. 这座平台将用作码头和火车站。