1. But a single optical fiber with a diameter of less than half a millimeter can carry more information than a large cable made of copper wires. 但是单单一根直径小于半毫米的光纤电缆就可以比由铜丝制成的粗电缆负载更多的信息。
2. Broadly speaking, however, the superhighway refers to the union of today's broadcasting, cable, video, telephone, and computer and semiconductor industries into one large all-connected industry. 但广义地说，信息高速公路是指由今天的广播、电视、录像、电话、电脑、半导体等产业组合而成的一个互相关联的大产业。
3. Who could have imagined, in the mid 1970s, for example, that by the end of the 20th century, computers would be as common in people´s homes as TV sets? 举个例子吧，在20世纪70年代中叶又有谁能想得到在20世纪末的时候，家庭用的计算机会像电视机一样普遍?
4. These TV programmes cater for children. 这些电视节目是为孩子们服务的
5. The truck used a cable to tow the car. 卡车用缆索拖曳汽车。
6. These factories produce tubes , transistors , radio sets and TV sets. 这些工厂生产电子管、晶体管、收音机和电视机。
7. That leaves private industry — computer, phone, and cable companies — to move into the vacuum left by the government's absence. 这就使得私人企业 -- 电脑公司、电话公司、有线电视公司 -- 得以填补由于政府无法顾及所留下的空缺。
8. No problem. Just sit down in front of your home computer or TV and enter what you want, when you want it, from an electronic catalogue containing thousands of titles. 没问题。只要坐在家中的电脑或电视机前，在一个含有上千个条目的电子目录中输入你想要的东西和需要的时间就行了。
9. He was lying on the sofa watching TV. 他躺在沙发上看电视.
10. A third, a keen viewer of TV theatre, recognized a phrase in the poem which had been used as the title of a recent play. 第三个学生是电视剧的热心观众，他记起了最近有一出剧就是用这首诗中的一句话作为剧名。