1. But other suns, stars as the astronomers call them, are bound to have planets like our own, and as the number of stars in the universe is so vast, this possibility becomes virtual certainty. 但是，其他的太阳，既天文学家所说的恒星，肯定会有像我们地球一样的行星。因为宇宙中恒星的数目极其庞大，所以存在着产生生命星球的这种可能性是肯定无疑的。
2. C.You call your doctor and ask for pills to keep you calm through the next few hours. c.你打电话给你的医生，要求开一些药丸，来使你在接下来的几个小时里保持平静。
3. But no one made much money on the invention until a Canadian businessman decided to call it a "zipper (拉链)". 但并没有人因此而发财。最后，一个加拿大商人决定给它起命为"拉链"。
4. But this killing leaves him confused—not because it is a murder, but because “good people” failed to call the police. 惟独这桩谋杀使他百思不得其解──不是因为它是杀人案，而是因为"好市民们"没有打电话报警。
5. But after a few years in a system that practically requires people to lie, they become like the one I shall call "Suzanne", a detective in shorts. 可是在这个实际上是要人撒谎的系统里干了几年后，他们就变得与那个叫苏珊娜的人一样了--一个穿运动短裤的侦探。
6. We must call the doctor. 我们得请医生.
7. When we were talking the bell rang. 当我们谈话时铃响了.
8. We must call the doctor. 我们得去请医生。
9. When our part begins to turn towards the sun and we see the first sunlight, we call it morning. 当我们这半球开始转向太阳时，我们看到朝阳，这就是早晨。
10. When the moon is like this, we call it a quarter moon. 这时的月亮我们称之为半月。