1. But other suns, stars as the astronomers call them, are bound to have planets like our own, and as the number of stars in the universe is so vast, this possibility becomes virtual certainty. 但是，其他的太阳，既天文学家所说的恒星，肯定会有像我们地球一样的行星。因为宇宙中恒星的数目极其庞大，所以存在着产生生命星球的这种可能性是肯定无疑的。
2. C.You call your doctor and ask for pills to keep you calm through the next few hours. c.你打电话给你的医生，要求开一些药丸，来使你在接下来的几个小时里保持平静。
3. But no one made much money on the invention until a Canadian businessman decided to call it a "zipper (拉链)". 但并没有人因此而发财。最后，一个加拿大商人决定给它起命为"拉链"。
4. But this killing leaves him confused—not because it is a murder, but because “good people” failed to call the police. 惟独这桩谋杀使他百思不得其解──不是因为它是杀人案，而是因为"好市民们"没有打电话报警。
5. But after a few years in a system that practically requires people to lie, they become like the one I shall call "Suzanne", a detective in shorts. 可是在这个实际上是要人撒谎的系统里干了几年后，他们就变得与那个叫苏珊娜的人一样了--一个穿运动短裤的侦探。
6. We must call the doctor. 我们得请医生.
7. Whether it be bird, fish or beast, the porpoise is intrigued with anything that is alive. 海豚对凡是活的东西都感兴趣，不管是鸟、是鱼，还是野兽。
8. When the news got round that a comedy show would be presented at our local cinema by the P. and U. Bird Seed Company, we all rushed to see it. 当"皮尤"鸟食公司将在我们当地影院演出喜剧节目的消息传开后，我们都赶紧跑去观看。
9. We all know what the poor man should have said, but what he actually said was: ´This is the Poo and Ee Seed Bird Company. Good ladies, evening and gentlemen!´ 我们都明白那个可怜的人应该说些什么，而他实际说的却是："这是´浦伊´鸟食公司，好女士们，晚上和先生们！"