AmE a small card with a name and often an address printed on it, that people in the past gave to people they visited
British Equivalent: visiting card
1. The procedure for determining that such unions are not tricks to obtain the treasured green card takes time (sometimes separating couples for more than a year, I later learned). 要确认这种婚姻并不是为了取得宝贵的绿卡而耍的花招,需要费很长时间 (我后来知道，它有时会使夫妻分居1年多)。
2. The "1998 Report Card on the Ethics of American Youth" found that 7 out of every 10 high school kids have cheated on a test at least once. Including all grades, the number is more than 6 out of 10. 据"1998年美国青年道德报告"披露，每10名高中生中就有7名考试至少作弊一次。如包括所有年级，那么该数字就是十分之六强。
3. He was sensible of a voice calling him. 他感觉到有个声音叫他。
4. He can´t write very much on a card, Mum. 在明信片上他写不了很多，妈妈。
5. Her business card once featured a drawing of Ann Estelle, cigar in her mouth and drink in hand, with the message "Engelbreit's the Name, Cute Is My Game." 她的商业贺卡曾显著印着一幅安·埃丝特尔的画像：嘴里叼着雪茄，手里端着酒杯，同时附字一行："恩格尔布赖特是我的名字，可爱是我的招牌。"
6. "As soon as I stopped calling myself Debbie, I felt more comfortable with myself ... and other people started to take me more seriously." "我一停止称自己为黛比，我就对自己感到比较舒坦了……而且其他人也开始更认真地对待我了。"
7. "Put them on a note card and take it with you and look at it when you need to. "把它们记在一张可以随身携带的卡片上，需要的时候看看。
8. "The immigration officer might not let her in without a green card," he warned. 他警告我说："没有绿卡，移民官员可能是不会让她入境的。"
9. "I know what you mean. My brother, Bill, has been calling me, but doesn't want me to tell my parents." "我明白你的意思。我哥哥比尔一直跟我打电话，可又不想让我告诉父母他打了电话。"
10. "We Don't Care How They Do It in New York," the card boasts. 贺卡夸口说："我们不在乎他们在纽约如何成功。"