1 [U] non-metallic chemical element that is present in all living matter and occurs in its pure form as diamond and graphite 碳. =>App
2 [C] stick of carbon used in an electric arc lamp 炭精棒（用于电弧光灯）.
3 [C] = carbon paper.
4 [C] = carbon copy.
1700-1800; Language: French;Origin:
carbone, from Latin
carbo 'burning coal, charcoal'
a chemical substance that exists in a pure form as diamonds, graphite
etc, or in an impure form as coal, petrol etc. It is a chemical element
: symbol C [U and C]carbon paper[C]
a carbon copy
1. What we exhale is carbon dioxide. 我们呼出的是二氧化碳。
2. What we exhale is carbon dioxide. 我们呼出的是二氧化碳。
3. This black substance is carbon. 这种黑色物质是碳。
4. Carbon monoxide is a poison. 一氧化碳是有毒气体。
5. For example, Germany has 600 sites that monitor carbon monoxide. 例如，德国就有600个站点监控一氧化碳的排放量。