n.洞穴,窑洞 vi.凹陷,投降 vt.挖洞,使凹陷
名词:caver 动词过去式:caved 过去分词:caved 现在分词:caving 第三人称单数:caves
n hollow place in the side of a cliff or hill, or underground 洞穴.
1 [I] (usu 通常作 go caving) explore caves as a sport 洞穴探险运动
*He likes caving. 他喜欢洞穴探险运动.
2 (phr v) cave in fall inwards; collapse 塌陷; 坍方; 坍塌
*The roof of the tunnel caved in (on the workmen). 隧道顶坍塌（压住工人）.
* (fig 比喻) All opposition to the scheme has caved in. 所有反对这一计划的意见都否定了.
Peyrecave is a commune in the Gers department in southwestern France.
1. Where´s the entrance to the cave? 这个洞穴的入口在哪里?
2. The cave was quite dark inside, so he made some candles to give light. 洞里相当黑, 他就做了一些蜡烛来照明.
3. The echo was sent from the cave. 回声是从洞里传出的.
4. The interior of cave was dark. 这洞的内部很黑。
5. They went to the cave in quest of hidden treasures. 他们到山洞去寻找宝藏。
6. The deepest known cave in the world is the Gouffre Berger near Grenoble. 世界上最深的洞穴是格里诺布尔附近的高弗.伯杰洞，
7. The entrance to the cave is on a plateau in the Dauphine Alps. 此洞的洞口在丹芬阿尔卑斯山的高原上，
8. The cave might never have been discovered had not the entrance been spotted by the distinguished French pot-holer, Berger. 若不是法国著名洞穴探险家伯杰由于偶然的机会发现了这个洞口的话，这个洞也许不会为人所知。
9. The machine was used in a cave near the seashore where----it is said----pirates used to hide gold. 在靠近海边的一个据说过去海盗常在里面藏金子的岩洞里，这种机器被派上了用场。
10. The pirates would often bury gold in the cave and then fail to collect it. 海盗们过去常把金子埋藏在那个洞里，可后来却没能取走。