形容词:celebratory 名词:celebration 动词过去式:celebrated 过去分词:celebrated 现在分词:celebrating 第三人称单数:celebrates
1 (a) [Tn] mark (a happy or important day, event, etc) with festivities and rejoicing 庆祝; 祝贺
*celebrate Christmas, sb's birthday, a wedding anniversary, etc 庆祝圣诞节、某人的生日、结婚纪念日等
* celebrate a victory, success, etc 庆祝胜利、成功等.
(b) [I] enjoy oneself in some way on such an occasion （为庆祝）寻欢作乐
*It's my birthday let's celebrate! eg with alcoholic drink. 今天是我的生日--咱们庆祝一下吧!
2 [Tn] (of a priest) lead (a religious ceremony) （指神父）主持（宗教仪式）
*celebrate Mass/the Eucharist 主持弥撒[圣餐].
3 [Tn] (fml 文) praise (sb/sth); honour 赞扬, 赞美（某人[某事物]）; 称赞; 歌颂
*Odysseus's heroic exploits are celebrated in `The Odyssey'. 《奥德赛》史诗中歌颂了奥德修斯的丰功伟绩.
1500-1600; Language: Latin;Origin:
, past participle of celebrare 'to visit often, celebrate'
, from celeber 'often visited, famous'
] [I and T]
to show that an event or occasion is important by doing something special or enjoyable
→celebration It's Dad's birthday and we're going out for a meal to celebrate. My folks are celebrating their 50th anniversary. We hope to give fans something to celebrate this season.celebrate Christmas/Thanksgiving etc How do you usually celebrate New Year? [T]formal
to praise someone or something poems that celebrate the joys of love [T]
to perform a religious ceremony, especially the Christian Mass
1. C.You decide the fairest thing is not to celebrate with the family at all; it's less trouble. c.你得出结论，不和家人一起过节最公平，这样麻烦较少。
2. To celebrate the tenth anniversary of the People´s Republic (1959), the government determined in 1958 that Beijing should undertake ten major building projects and complete them in ten months. 为了庆祝中华人民共和国建国十周年（一九五九年），一九五八年，中国政府决定十个月内在北京完成十项主要建筑工程。
3. How did you celebrate May Day this year? 你们今年是怎样庆祝五一节的？
4. He developed 150 or so X-rays, his usual output, to celebrate. 他以平日的工作量，冲洗大约150张X光胶片来庆祝这个日子。
5. Shortly after it was launched, the pie committee went to a local inn to celebrate. 盘子下水后不久，馅饼委员会成员们来到当地一家小酒店庆贺。
6. Let´s sing some songs to celebrate this joyful occasion. 让我们唱几支歌来庆祝这个令人欢乐的节日。