动词过去式:celled 过去分词:celled 现在分词:celling 第三人称单数:cells
1 very small room, eg for a monk in a monastery or for one or more prisoners in a prison 小房间（如修道院里的密室或狱中的牢房）.
2 compartment in a honeycomb （蜂房的）巢室.
3 device for producing an electric current by chemical action, eg the metal plates in acid inside a battery 电池.
4 microscopic unit of living matter, containing a nucleus 细胞
*Human tissue is made up of cells. 人体的组织是由细胞构成的.
* cancer cells 癌细胞.
5 small group of people forming a centre of (esp revolutionary) political activity （尤指革命的）政治活动小组
*a terrorist cell 恐怖分子的小组.
1【body】2【prison】3【phone】4【electric】5【secret group】6【religious】7【insect/small animal】
1100-1200; Language: Old French;Origin:
celle, from Latin
cella 'small room'
the smallest part of a living thing that can exist independentlyblood/brain/nerve cell red blood cells cancer cells Embryos grow by cell division (=the splitting of cells) .【PRISON】
a small room in a prison or police station where prisoners are kept He spent a night in the cells at the local police station. the walls of his prison cell【PHONE】AmE
a cellular phone
; a telephone that you can carry around with you, that works by using a network of radio stations to pass on signals
British Equivalent: mobile Call me on my cell if you're running late.【ELECTRIC】
a piece of equipment for producing electricity from chemicals, heat, or light a car powered by electric fuel cells【SECRET GROUP】
a small group of people who are working secretly as part of a larger political organization a terrorist cell【RELIGIOUS】
a small room in a monastery
where someone sleeps【INSECT/SMALL ANIMAL】
a small space that an insect or other small creature has made to live in or use the cells of a honeycomb
1. Wilmut knew that each cell of the body contains a full set of genetic instructions — instructions to grow a complete individual. 威尔莫特知道，身体的每一个细胞都含有一整套基因指令——长成一个完整个体的指令。
2. The curtain went up on the final act of the play and revealed the aristocrat sitting alone behind bars in his dark cell. 大幕拉开，最后一幕戏开演，贵族独自一人坐在铁窗后阴暗的牢房里。
3. The cloning method used by Wilmut's lab requires combining an egg cell with the nucleus of a cell containing the DNA of the person to be cloned. 威尔莫特实验室使用的克隆方法要求将一个卵细胞和一个含有被克隆人的DNA的细胞核相结合。
4. The Danish scientist combined an embryo cell with an egg cell from another sheep. 这位丹麦科学家将一个胚胎细胞和一个取自另一只绵羊的卵细胞结合起来。
5. He entered the cell and presented the letter to the aristocrat. 狱卒走进牢房，将信交给贵族。
6. He put the combined cell — then a newly growing embryo — into a grown female sheep. 他把结合后的细胞——此时已是一个重新生长的细胞——植入一只成熟母羊的体内。
7. He found a way to take an udder cell and make it grow into a new cloned lamb. 他找到了提取乳腺细胞并把它培育成一只新的克隆羊的方法。
8. A single gene will code for only one of the many molecules and cell proteins that are the building blocks of the brain. 一个基因仅仅为构成大脑的众多分子和细胞蛋白中的一个指定遗传密码。
9. She was found prostrate on the floor of the cell. 有人发现她趴在小屋的地板上.
10. Cells die and the cell nucleus begins to break apart after death. 而人死之后，细胞死亡，细胞核就开始分裂。