1 [U] brown edible substance in the form of powder or a block, made from roasted and crushed cacao seeds 巧克力.
2 [U, C] sweet made of or coated with this 巧克力糖; 夹心巧克力糖
*a bar of (milk/plain) chocolate 一条（牛奶的[纯的]）巧克力糖
* a box of chocolates 一盒巧克力糖
* Have another chocolate. 再吃一块巧克力糖.
3 [U] drink made by mixing powdered chocolate with hot water or milk 巧克力粉与热水或奶混合制成的饮料
*a mug of hot chocolate 一缸子热巧克力饮料.
4 [sing] colour of chocolate; dark brown 巧克力色; 深褐色.
1 made or coated with chocolate 用巧克力制成的; 有巧克力糖衣的
*chocolate sauce 巧克力汁
* a chocolate biscuit 巧克力饼乾.
2 having the colour of chocolate; dark brown 巧克力色的; 深褐色的
*a chocolate carpet 深褐色地毯.
1600-1700; Language: Spanish;Origin:Nahuatl
a sweet brown food that you can eat as a sweet or use in cooking to give foods such as cakes a special sweet taste a chocolate bar a chocolate cake a packet of chocolate biscuits I prefer milk chocolate to dark chocolate .[C]
a small sweet that is covered with chocolate Would you like a chocolate? a box of chocolates [U and C]
a hot sweet drink made with milk and chocolate, or a cup of this drink a mug of hot chocolate Two coffees and one chocolate, please.[U]
a dark brown colour
made from roasted ground cacao beans
1. By the next day the exposed parts of his body had turned a chocolate brown. 第二天，他身上裸露的部位变成了巧克力一样的棕色。
2. The list included most of the things Hugh loves: butter, potatoes, rice, beer, milk, chocolate, and sweets. 这张单子上的大多数食物都是休喜欢吃的：黄油、土豆、米饭、啤酒、牛奶、巧克力和糖果。
3. And Melissa is very fond of hot chocolate, which is why she bought the powdered hot chocolate mix, though she never drinks it herself. 梅莉莎非常喜爱热巧克力，所以她买了速溶热巧克力粉，虽然她自己从来不喝这东西。
4. A bar of chocolate. 一块巧克力、
5. Another time, I arrived to find him chewing the last of a batch of chocolate chip cookies my mother had sent me. 还有一次，我回来就看到他在吃我的最后一块巧克力曲奇饼，那是我妈妈带给我的。
6. You wonder if eating a dozen chocolate-chip (碎片) cookies, wearing a house coat until 4, combing your hair at 5, cleaning behind the stove (twice) and crying in a job-agency parking lot qualify as symptoms of stress or maybe loss of self-worth. 你不知道这些情况是否可以归类于因紧张、或许还有失去自身价值所引起的症状：一连吃下十几块巧克力曲奇、下午4点钟还穿着居家便服、5点钟才梳头发、在炉子后面东扫西抹 (两遍），以及在职业介绍所的停车场上哭泣。
7. Spencer noticed the waves had made a chocolate bar (块) in his pocket soft. Could these waves be used to heat food? 斯潘塞发现，这类电波将他口袋里的一块巧克力软化了。那末，这些无线电波可不可以用来加热食物呢？
8. Sixpence is a small price to pay for a satisfying bar of chocolate. 用六便士买一条令人满意的巧克力糖，是算不了什么的。
9. I often bake chocolate cake by myself. 我喜欢自己培巧克力蛋糕.
10. If you eat too much chocolate you´ll get fat. 吃巧克力太多会发胖.