a series of many different exercises done quickly after each other, in order to increase your fitness
1. Every summer about a dozen journalists gather at a former army training camp north of London to spend the day watching the training of London's special armed police unit. 每年夏天，总有大约十几名记者聚集在伦敦北部的一个旧军训营，用一整天来观看伦敦特警部队的训练。
2. But then the ear also needs training, since at first it can hardly detect differences in sounds which grown-up people hear most clearly. 但是耳朵也同样需要训练，因为最初耳朵几乎分辨不出声音的不同，而成年人却大多听得很清楚。
3. But the very success of jukus in training youngsters to pass exams has made the competition worse: Jukus help more students pass exams, so the exams have to be made more difficult. 然而，恰恰是课外学校在训练孩子通过考试方面的成功，使得竞争更为激烈：课外学校帮助越来越多的孩子通过考试，考试就需设计得越来越难。
4. But then we move on to the next stage of the training, where some of the problems which actually crop up on the street are imitated. 然后进入训练的下一步：模拟在街道上实际会出现的一些问题。
5. But the latest research seems to imply that without the software of emotional maturity and self-knowledge, the hardware of academic training alone is worth less and less. 但最新的研究似乎表明，缺乏情感成熟和自我了解这一软件，单靠纯学院式的培训这一硬件是没有用的。
6. When several elephants are being trained at one time, it is customary for the new arrival to be placed between the stalls of two captives whose training is already well advanced. 几只象同时训练时，通常是把新到的安置在两头训练得很好的大象的象厩中间，
7. When it is eating normally, its own training begins. 当它进食正常了，训练就开始。
8. The circuit of the city walls is three miles. 环绕本市城墙的周长是三英里.
9. The ordinary school cannot give much practical training in living. 一般的学校不可能提供很多实际的生活锻练.
10. Two main techniques have been used for training elephants, which we may call respectively the tough and the gentle. 驯象有两种主要的方法，我们分别称之为强硬法和温柔法。