动词过去式:classed 过去分词:classed 现在分词:classing 第三人称单数:classes
/klɑ:s; [US] klæs; klæs/
1 (a) [CGp] group of people at the same social or economic level 阶级; 阶层; 社会等级
*the working/middle/upper class 工人阶级[中产阶级/上层社会]
* the professional class(es) 专业阶层.
(b) [U] system that divides people into such groups 阶级制度
*[attrib 作定语] class differences, distinctions, divisions, etc 阶级差别、界限、划分.
2 (a) [CGp] group of students taught together 班级
*We were in the same class at school. 我们上学时在同一班.
4 is/are a difficult class to teach. 四年级很难教.
(b) [C] occasion when this group meets to be taught; lesson 上课; 课
*I have a maths class at
9 o'clock. 我9点钟有数学课.
(c) [CGp] (US) group of students who finish their studies at school or university in a particular year （毕业生的）同届
*the class of '82 1982年届.
3 [C] set of people, animals or things grouped together, esp according to quality 级, 等, 等级, 种类（尤指按质量划分的）
*As an actress Jane is not in the same class as (ie is not as good as) Susan. 作为演员, 简不如苏珊.
* [attrib 作定语] a top-class athlete 一流运动员.
4 [U] (infml 口) high quality; excellence; distinction 高质量; 优秀; 优异
*She's got (a lot of) class. 她（实在）很有气质.
* [attrib 作定语] a class (tennis) player 优秀（网球）运动员.
5 [C] (esp in compounds 尤用以构成复合词) one of several different levels of comfort, etc available to travellers in a train, plane, bus, etc （火车、飞机、公共汽车等的）等级
* tourist class
* [attrib 作定语] a second-class compartment, eg on a train.
6 [C] (Brit) (esp in compounds 尤用以构成复合词) one of several grades of achievement in a university degree examination （大学学位考试成绩的）等级
*a first-/ second-/ third-class (honours) degree.
7 [C] (biology 生) second highest group into which animals and plants are divided, below a phylum and including several orders (order1 9) （动植物分类的）纲. Cf 参看 family 4, genus 1, species. 1.
8 (idm 习语) in a class of one's/its `own; in a class by one`self/it`self better than everyone/anything else of his/its kind; unequalled 独一无二; 无以伦比
*Pele was in a class of his own as a footballer. 贝利是举世无双的足球健将.
v [Tn, Cn.n/a] ~ sb/sth (as sth) place sb/sth in a class(1b); classify sb/sth 将某人[某事物]归入某类; 把...分类
*Immigrant workers were classed as resident aliens. 移民来的工人已归入外侨类.
The Anzac class frigates are a ship class of ten frigates operated by the Royal Australian Navy and the Royal New Zealand Navy from 1996 to present.
1. Excuse me, could you help ne? I would like to enroll in thiss cooking class? 对不起, 请你帮忙我好吗? 我想报名参加这烹饪课.
2. Every skit in our class show was loudly applauded, from the opening scene to the finale. 班上戏剧表演中每个幽默讽刺处都受到热烈的掌声，从第一幕到终场都是如此。
3. `First-class hotel´ was a complete misnomer for the tumbledown farmhouse we stayed in. 把我们住的那个摇摇欲坠的村舍称作‘一流旅馆’, 纯粹是乱用词语.
4. But Fortune´s favoured children belong to the second class. 但是，“命运的宠儿”属于第二类型的人。
5. But Fortune´s favoured children belong to the second class. 但是，命运之神的宠儿是第二类人，
6. We were in the same class at school. 我们上学时在同一班.
7. We often speak of tramps with contempt and put them in the same class as beggars. 我们常常轻蔑地谈起流浪者，并把他们归于乞丐一类；
8. We often speak of tramps with contempt and put them in the same class as beggars, 说起流浪汉，我们常常带有轻蔑并把他们与乞丐归为一类。
9. We are in Class Five. 我们在五班。
10. We´ve got first-class leaflets, plenty of them, but how to get them into the factory remains a problem." 我们手中有一流的传单，足够的传单，但是怎么把它们散发到工厂里还是个问题。”