adj.清楚的,清晰的,清澈的,光亮的,空旷的,有条理的 adv.清楚地,完全地 v.扫除,清除,晴,跳过,净得
副词:clearly 名词:clearer 形容词比较级:clearer 最高级:clearest 动词过去式:cleared 过去分词:cleared 现在分词:clearing 第三人称单数:clears 形容词:clearable
adj (-er/ 5klIErE(r); `klIrL/, -est/ 5klIErIst; `klIrIst/)
1 (a) easy to see through; transparent 清澈的; 透明的
*clear glass 透明的玻璃
* the clear water of a mountain lake 山上清澈的湖水.
(b) without cloud or mist 无云雾的; 晴朗的
*a clear sky, day 晴朗的天空、一天
* clear weather 无云雾的天气.
(c) without spots or blemishes 无污点或瑕疵的; 洁净的
*clear skin 洁净的皮肤
* a clear complexion 洁净的面孔.
2 (a) easy to see or hear; distinct 易看清或听清的; 清晰的
*a clear photograph 清晰的照片
* a clear reflection in the water 水中清晰的倒影
* a clear voice, speaker, sound 清晰的嗓音、扬声器、声音.
(b) easy to understand 易懂的; 明白的
*a clear explanation, article, meaning 易懂的解释、文章、意思
* You'll do as you're told, is that clear? 让你怎么做就怎么做, 明白吗?
3 ~ (about/on sth) without doubt, confusion or difficulty; certain 无疑的; 不混淆的; 无困难的; 肯定的
*a clear thinker 思维清楚的思考者
* a clear understanding of the problems 对问题透澈的了解
* My memory is not clear on that point. 那一点我记不清楚了.
* Are you quite clear about what the job involves? 这一工作涉及哪些内容, 你都明白吗?
4 ~ (to sb) evident; obvious; definite 明显的; 显然的; 明确的
*a clear case of cheating 明显的欺骗
* have a clear advantage/lead, eg in a contest 明显的优势[领先]（如在比赛中）
* It is quite clear that she is not coming. 很清楚, 她不来了.
5 ~ (of sth)
(a) free from obstructions, obstacles, difficulties or dangers 无阻塞、障碍、困难或危险的
*a clear view 一览无遗
* Wait until the road is clear (of traffic) before crossing. 等路上无车辆来往时, 再穿过马路.
* I want to keep next weekend clear so that I can do some gardening. 我要留出下周末的时间作些园艺工作.
(b) free from guilt 无罪的; 无辜的
*have a clear conscience 问心无愧.
(c) free from sth undesirable 无厌恶之物的
*clear of debt 无债务的
* You are now clear of all suspicion. 你现在已经没有嫌疑了.
6 [pred 作表语] ~ (of sb/sth) not touching sth; away from sth 不触及某事物; 与某事物有距离
*The plane climbed until it was clear of the clouds. 飞机爬升穿出了云层.
* Park (your car) about nine inches clear of the kerb. （把你的汽车）停放在离路边石九英寸的地方.
7 [attrib 作定语] complete 整整的; 十足的
*Allow three clear days for the letter to arrive. 信要整整三天才能到达.
* The bill was passed by a clear (ie fairly large) majority. 议案获绝对多数票通过.
8 [attrib 作定语] (of a sum of money) with nothing to be deducted; net （指一笔钱）不再扣除的, 纯的, 净的
*a clear profit 净利.
9 (idm 习语) (as) clear as a `bell clearly and easily heard 清楚而容易听到的. (as) clear as `day easy to see or understand; obvious 显而易见的; 易懂的; 显然的. (as) clear as `mud (infml 口) very unclear; not apparent or well explained 很不清楚的; 不明显的; 未解释清楚的. the coast is clear => coast1. in the `clear (infml 口) no longer in danger or suspected of sth 不再有危险的; 不再因某事物受嫌疑
*She was very ill for a few days but doctors say she's now in the clear. 她大病了几天, 但医生说她现在已无危险. make oneself `clear express oneself clearly 把自己的意思表达清楚
*Do I make myself clear? 我讲得清楚吗? make sth `clear/`plain (to sb) make sth fully understood 使某事物被充分理解
*I made it clear to him that I rejected his proposal. 我清楚地告诉他, 我拒绝了他的建议.
1 clearly; distinctly 清楚地; 明白地; 明显地
*I can hear you loud and clear. 你的声音很大, 我听得很清楚.
2 ~ (of sth) out of the way of sth; no longer near or touching sth 不阻碍某事物; 不再接触或接近某事物
*Stand clear of the doors. 别站在门口挡道.
* He managed to leap clear of (ie out of) the burning car. 他设法从燃烧着的汽车中跳了出来.
* He jumped three inches clear of (ie above) the bar. 他跳得比杆儿高出三英寸.
3 completely 彻底; 完全
*The prisoner got clear away. 该囚犯逃之夭夭了.
4 (idm 习语) keep/stay/steer clear (of sb/sth) avoid meeting sb or becoming involved with sth or going near a place or using sth 避免见到某人或涉及某事物或接近某处或使用某物
*Try to keep clear of trouble. 尽量避免麻烦.
* I prefer to keep clear of town during the rush-hour. 我不愿意在交通拥挤的时间去市区.
* (infml 口) His doctor advised him to steer clear of alcohol. 医生建议他不要喝酒. pull sb/sth clear => pull2.
1 (a) [I] become transparent 变得透明
*The muddy water slowly cleared. 有泥的水慢慢地变清了.
(b) [I] (of the sky or the weather) become free of cloud or rain （指天空或天气）变为无云或无雨; 转晴
*The sky cleared after the storm. 暴风雨过後, 天空转晴了.
(c) [I, Ip] ~ (away) (of fog, smoke, etc) disappear （指雾、烟等）消散
*It was a fine day once the mist had cleared. 雾消散後是个晴天.
2 (a) [Tn, Tn.pr] ~ A (of B)/~ B (from A) remove (sth that is unwanted or no longer needed) (from a place) （从某处）移走（不要的东西）
*clear the table, eg take away dirty plates, etc after a meal 收拾桌子（饭後拿走脏盘子等）
* clear one's throat, ie remove phlegm from one's throat by coughing slightly 清清嗓子
* clear the streets of snow/clear snow from the streets 清除街道上的积雪
* The land was cleared of trees. 地上的树已清除.
* (fig 比喻) clear one's mind of doubt 消除心中疑团.
(b) [Tn] remove (data that is no longer required) from the memory of a computer or calculator （从电脑或计算器中）消除（数据）.
3 [Tn, Tn.pr] ~ sb (of sth) show or declare sb to be innocent 表明或宣称某人无辜
*clear one's name 表明自己名声清白
* She was cleared of all charges. 对她的一切控告均已撤消.
4 [Tn] get past or over (sth) without touching it 经过或越过（某物）（但不触及）
*The horse cleared the fence easily. 那匹马轻易地越过了篱笆.
* The car only just cleared (ie nearly hit) the gatepost. 汽车险些碰上门柱.
* The winner cleared six feet, ie jumped six feet without touching the bar. 优胜者跳过六英尺.
5 (a) [Tn, Tn.pr] get permission for or allow (a ship, plane or cargo) to leave or enter a place or be unloaded 准予（船、飞机或货物）通过
*clear goods through customs, ie by paying the necessary duties 为货物报关（交税）
* clear a plane for take-off 准予飞机起飞.
(b) [Tn] (of goods) pass through (sth) after satisfying official requirements （指货物）（符合官方规定）通过（某物）
*Our baggage has cleared customs. 我们的行李已通过海关检查.
6 [Tn esp passive 尤用于被动语态]
(a) officially approve (sb) before he is given special work or allowed to see or handle secret information 正式批准（某人）可做机密工作或接触机密资料
*She's been cleared by security. 她经保安部门批准可做机密工作.
(b) declare (sth) to be acceptable 决定（某事物）可接受
*clear an article for publication 决定一篇文章可以发表.
7 [Tn] pass (a cheque) through a clearing-house (clear3) （经票据交换所）结算, 清算（支票）.
8 [Tn] earn (money) as gain or profit 赚（钱）
1000 on a deal 一项交易赚1000英镑
* clear (ie make enough money to cover) one's expenses 赚得足够开销的钱.
9 [Tn] repay (sth) fully 清偿（某事物）
*clear one's debts, a loan, etc 还清自己的偿务、贷款等.
10 [I, Tn] (in football, hockey, etc) kick or hit (the ball) away from the area near the goal （足球、曲棍球等中）踢或击（球）使之离开球门区.
11 (idm 习语) clear the `air lessen or remove fears, worries or suspicions by talking about them openly （公开倾诉以）减轻或消除恐惧、忧虑或疑虑
*A frank discussion can help to clear the air. 坦率的谈论有助于消除疑虑. clear the `decks (infml 口) prepare for a particular activity, event, etc by removing anything that is not essential to it （清除不必要的东西）准备某项行动、活动等.
12 (phr v) clear (sth) away remove (objects) in order to leave a clear space 移走（物件）以留出空间
*clear away the dishes 收走碟子. clear off (infml 口) (esp imperative 尤用于祈使句) go or run away 走开; 跑开
*You've no right to be here. Clear off! 你无权在这儿. 走开!
* He cleared off as soon as he saw the policeman coming. 他一看到警察来了, 就逃跑了. clear sth off complete the payment of sth 付清某物的款
*clear off a debt 付清债务. clear out (of...) (infml 口) leave (a place) quickly 迅速离开（某地）
*He cleared out before the police arrived. 警察尚未来到, 他就急忙溜掉了. clear sth out make sth empty or tidy by removing what is inside it 清除某物内部将其腾空或使之整洁
*clear out the attic 清理顶楼. clear up
(a) (of the weather) become fine or bright （指天气）转晴
*I hope it clears up this afternoon. 我希望今天下午天气转晴.
(b) (of an illness, infection, etc) disappear as good health returns 痊愈
*Has your rash cleared up yet? 你的皮疹好了吗? clear (sth) up make (sth) tidy 使（某物）整洁; 清理
*Please clear up (the mess in here) before you go. 你走以前请（把这里的杂乱东西）整理好. clear sth up remove doubt about sth; solve sth 清除对某事的疑虑; 解决某事物
*clear up a mystery, difficulty, misunderstanding, etc 清除疑团、解决困难、解除误会. clear sb/sth with sb/sth have sb/sth inspected or approved by sb in authority 使某人[某事物]经过某权威人士检验或批准
*You'll have to clear it with management. 此事你必须得到管理部门准许.
1. Even under a clear blue sky, the village looked forbidding, as all the houses were built of grey mud bricks. 农舍全用灰色的土坯建成，因此，即使在晴朗的蓝天底下，村庄看上去也会令人感到难以亲近。
2. The fire fighters enjoined the onlookers to stand clear. 消防员让围观者让开。
3. This point has been made clear in the foregoing chapter. 这一点在前面那一章中已讲清楚了。
4. The lesson was not clear and it has muddled me. 这一堂课不清楚，把我给搞糊涂了。
5. The postmark was clear. The date was clear too. 邮戳很清楚, 日期也很清楚.
6. The sky was clear, and moonlight was shimmering on the lake . 天空中没有一片云，而月光照在湖面上，闪闪发光。
7. The serious investor needs a proper ´portfolio´----a well-planned selection of investments, with a definite structure and a clear aim. 认真的投资者需要一份正规的投资组合表 -- 一种计划很周密的投资选择，包括你的投资结构和明确的目标。
8. The two men quarrelled bitterly and it was clear that the argument could only be settled by a fight. 两个人争吵不休，显而易见，只有较量一番才能解决问题。
9. The music I listened to had a message, too, but the words were clear and the musicians didn't use such offensive language. 我那时听的音乐也有丰富的含义，可它的歌词明明白白，作者不用这么令人讨厌的歌词。
10. The editorial director of one dictionary says that the noun "clonee" may sound like a good term, but it's not clear enough. 一本词典的主编说，名词"被克隆者"听起来不错，但却不够明晰。