动词过去式:climbed 过去分词:climbed 现在分词:climbing 第三人称单数:climbs 形容词:climbable
1 (a) [Tn] go up or over (sth) by effort, esp using one's hands and feet 攀登, 攀爬, 爬上, 爬过（某物）
*climb a wall, a mountain, a tree, a rope, the stairs 爬墙、山、树、绳、楼梯
* The car slowly climbed the hill. 汽车缓慢地爬上山坡.
(b) [I, Ipr, Ip] go or come in the specified direction, esp upwards, by effort 攀爬
*climb up/down a ladder, along a ridge, into a car, out of bed, over a gate, through a hedge, etc 爬上[下]梯子、爬越山岭、爬进汽车、爬下床、爬越大门、爬过篱笆
* climb into/out of one's clothes, ie get dressed/undressed 穿上[脱下]衣服
* This is where we start climbing, ie upwards. 这就是我们向上爬的地方.
* Monkeys can climb well. 猴子善于攀爬.
(a) go up mountains, etc as a sport 登山（运动）
*He likes to go climbing at weekends. 他喜欢在周末做登山运动.
(b) (of aircraft, the sun, etc) go higher in the sky （指飞机、太阳等）上升
*The plane climbed to
20000 feet. 飞机上升到20000英尺.
(c) slope upwards 倾斜向上
*The road climbs steeply for several miles. 这条路有几英里向上倾斜得很陡.
(d) (of plants) grow up a wall or some other support by clinging or twining （指植物）缘墙或其他支撑物向上生长
*a climbing rose 攀缘而上的玫瑰.
3 [I] rise in social rank, etc by one's own effort （靠自己努力）提高社会地位等.
4 [I] (of currency, temperature, etc) increase in value, etc （指货币）增值; （指温度等）上升
*The dollar has been climbing steadily all week. 整个星期美元一直在稳步增值.
5 (idm 习语) climb/jump on the bandwagon => bandwagon (band).
6 (phr v) climb down (over sth) (infml 口) admit a mistake or withdraw from a position in an argument, etc （在辩论等中）认错, 让步
*As new facts became known, the Government was forced to climb down over its handling of the spy scandal. 新的事实已众所周知, 政府被迫承认处理间谍丑事失当.
1 act or instance of climbing 攀登
*an exhausting climb 令人筋疲力尽的攀登
* a rapid climb to stardom 很快爬上明星地位.
2 place or distance (to be) climbed 要攀登到的地方或距离
*It's an hour's climb to the summit. 到顶峰有一小时的攀登路程.
1. By the time I was sixteen, my daughter's age, his breath was a wheeze, embarrassing to hear; he could not climb stairs without resting every third or fourth step. 到我16岁, 也就是我女儿现在这般年龄时，他一呼吸就呼哧呼哧的，让人感到不安；他上楼时每走三、四级楼梯就得停下来休息一会儿。
2. This time, he managed to climb into the mouth of Kituro so that he could take photographs and measure temperatures. 这次他设法爬进了基图罗火山口，以便能拍摄照片和测试温度。
3. The other man could not climb trees. 另外一人不会爬树，
4. The myth has it that Americans consume too much, since the creation of solid waste per person continues to climb. 有种说法是，美国人消耗太多，因为他们的人均固体垃圾制造量在持续上升。
5. The F-16 can fly straight up. It can spin, dive, turn, climb, roll, and make loops with the grace of an eagle. F-16可以垂直向上飞，能旋转、俯冲、转弯、爬升、翻滚，能像鹰一样优雅地翻筋斗。
6. To get out, I would have to climb back down the narrow ladder from the tower and walk past the long row of "salarymen"(薪水阶层)and "office ladies" lined up behind me at an amusement park (游乐园) named Tokyo Roof(东京屋顶). 要出去，就得顺着窄窄的梯子从高塔上往下爬，走过排在我后面的长长的一列"薪水阶层"、"办公室女郎"。这一切发生在一个叫做"东京屋顶"的游乐园里。
7. How high can I climb? 我能登多高？
8. He could walk for hours, and even climb hills, talking and smoking the whole time, and not at all feel tired. 他能步行数小时，甚至爬山，总是边谈边抽烟，而一点也不觉得累。
9. Although the limestone surface is gone, the huge stones are exposed and you could climb on them, like steps to the top. 大金字塔表面的石灰石已经剥落，不过大石块裸露了出来，人们可以像登台阶似的一步一步地爬上顶端。
10. Yes,I like to go on picnics and climb mountains. 是的,我喜欢去野餐和爬山.