动词过去式:clung 过去分词:clung 现在分词:clinging 第三人称单数:clings 形容词:clingy 名词:clinger
v (pt, pp clung/ klQN; klQN/)
1 [Ipr, Ip] ~ (on) to sb/sth; ~ on; ~ together hold on tightly to sb/sth 紧抓住或抱住某人[某物]
*survivors clinging to a raft 紧抓住木筏的生还者
* They clung to each other/clung together as they said goodbye. 他们告别时, 紧紧地拥抱在一起.
* Cling on tight! 抓紧!
2 [Ipr] ~ (on) to sth be unwilling to abandon sth; refuse to give sth up 舍不得放弃某事物; 拒绝放弃某事物
*cling to a belief, an opinion, a theory, etc 坚持一种信仰、意见、理论等
* cling to one's possessions 舍不得放弃财物
* She clung to the hope that he was still alive. 她始终抱着一个希望, 就是他仍活着.
3 [I, Ipr] ~ (to sth) become attached to sth; stick to sth 附着于某物
*The smell of smoke clings (to one's clothes) for a long time. 烟味长久附着（在衣服上）不散.
* a dress that clings to (ie fits closely so as to show the shape of) the body 紧贴身体（显出体形）的连衣裙.
4 [Ipr] ~ to sb/sth stay close to sb/sth 紧靠着某人[某物]
*The ship clung to the coastline. 船紧靠着海岸线.
* Don't cling to the kerb when you're driving. 不要紧贴路边开车.
5 [I, Ipr] ~ (to sb) (esp derog 尤作贬义) be emotionally dependent on sb; stay too close to sb 感情上依靠某人; 太接近某人; 依恋
*Small children cling to their mothers. 小孩子都缠着母亲.
6 (idm 习语) cling/stick to sb like a leech => leech.
v past tense and past participleclung [klʌŋ/
1. Once there, he would cling to the hand-rail until he reached the lower steps that the warmer tunnel air kept free of ice. 一到那儿，他就紧抓着地铁通道口的扶手一直往下走，因为地铁内空气暖和,下面几级台阶没有冰雪。