adv in a close manner 接近地; 紧密地; 严密地; 密切地
*listen closely, ie carefully 仔细地听
* follow an argument closely 密切注意一议论的进行
* a closely contested election 旗鼓相当的竞选
* She closely resembles her mother. 她非常像她母亲.
* The two events are closely connected. 这两件事有密切的联系.
The detective watched him closely , waiting for a reply.
closely controlled/guarded/monitored etc
Political activity is closely controlled.
Details of the program are a closely-guarded secret .
to a very great degree
I have been closely involved in the work of both committees.
The successful applicant will be working closely with our international staff.
a creature that closely resembles a red monkey
closely related/connected/associated etc
if two or more things are closely related etc, there is a strong connection between them
closely related subjects such as physics, chemistry, and maths
Her development as a writer is closely connected with her religion.
in a way that is close to other things in time or space
a flash of lightning, followed closely by thunder
We were so closely packed in the elevator I could hardly move.
1. By measuring how closely current populations are related, the authors trace the routes by which early humans migrated around the earth. 通过测定当前人类种群间的亲缘关系，作者们弄清了地球上早期人类迁移的路线。
2. Because Australia's native people and black Africans share such superficial characteristics as skin color and body shape, they were widely assumed to be closely related. 因为澳洲土著和非洲黑人之间有一些共同的外表特征，如肤色、体型等，所以普遍认为他们有较近的亲缘关系。
3. A week after Wilmut's announcement, other scientists revealed that they had used a different technique to clone monkeys, which are much more closely related to humans. 在威尔莫特发布消息一周后，其他科学家透露说，他们使用了另一种技术来克隆猴子。这种动物与人类的关系更为密切。
4. Although the concept of the theme park is closely based on the original Magic Kingdom in California and Walt Disney World in Florida, "Euro Disneyland will be unique in a manner appropriate to its European home," the company says. 尽管主题公园这一概念是以加利福尼亚州的奇妙王国和佛罗里达州的沃尔特·迪斯尼世界为基础的，但"欧洲迪斯尼乐园将具有欧洲的独特风格，"公司说。
5. Of all humans, Australians are most distant from the Africans and most closely resemble their neighbors, the Southeast Asians. 在所有人种中，澳洲人与非洲人的关系最远，而与其邻居东南亚人非常接近。
6. I examined one of the pens closely. It certainly looked genuine. 我细细地看了一支。看上去，钢笔确实是真货。
7. I examined one of the pens closely. 我仔细察看了一枝钢笔，