名词:clumsiness 副词:clumsily 形容词比较级:clumsier 最高级:clumsiest
adj (-ier, -iest)
1 awkward and ungraceful in movement or shape （行动或形状）笨拙而难看的
*You clumsy oaf that's the second glass you've broken today! 你这个笨家伙--这是你今天打碎的第二个玻璃杯!
2 (of tools, furniture, etc) difficult to use or move; not well designed （指工具、家具等）难用的, 难移动的; 设计欠佳的
*a clumsy sideboard, pair of scissors 不好用的碗柜、剪刀
* It's not easy walking in these clumsy shoes. 穿着这双笨重的鞋走路真难受.
3 done without tact or skill 无策略的; 无技巧的
*a clumsy apology, reply, speech, etc 生硬的道歉、回答、讲话等
* a clumsy forgery, ie one that is easy to detect 粗劣的伪造品（容易识破的）.
[Date: 1500-1600; Origin: Probably from clumse 'too cold to feel anything' (16-19 centuries), from a Scandinavian language]
moving in an awkward way and tending to make things fall over
I felt clumsy, shy and awkward at the party.
a clumsy attempt to catch the ball
a clumsy object is not easy to use and is often large and heavy
a clumsy action or statement is said or done carelessly or badly, and likely to upset someone
David made a clumsy attempt to comfort us.
a clumsy piece of diplomacy
1. He is clumsy at cricket. 他不善于打板球.
2. A few months later, a couple of almost comic body-thieves stole his body from the family burial chamber and held it for money: the police recovered it with more efficiency than Mack Sennett's clumsy Keystone Cops would have done. 几个月后，几个近乎可笑的盗尸者从他的家庭墓室盗走了他的尸体以借此诈钱。警方追回了他的尸体，其效率比麦克·塞纳特拍摄的启斯东喜剧片中的笨拙警察要高得多。
3. My speech was clumsy and not pleasant to hear. 我笨嘴笨舌的，说的话很不好听，