n (esp in compounds 尤用以构成复合词) person who collects (collect1 4) things 收集人; 收藏家
* a `tax-collector
* a `ticket-collector, eg at a railway station.
someone who collects things that are interesting or attractive
, collection collection a stamp collector The painting was bought by a private collector.
someone whose job is to collect taxes, tickets, debts etc
, collection collectiontax/ticket/debt/refuse collector
1. This puma must have been in the possession of a private collector and somehow managed to escape. 这只美洲狮谅必是私人豢养的,并且不知怎么跑出来了.
2. The ticket-collector punched my ticket. 收票员在我的票上剪了一个孔。
3. "Four weeks, and I promised the collector the last time he called that we´d pay two weeks next Monday. “四个星期的。收租的那个人上次来时，我答应过他下星期一交两个星期的钱。
4. This one must have been in the possession of a private collector and somehow managed to escape. 因此那只美洲狮一定是某位私人收藏豢养的，不知怎么设法逃出来了。