v.(使)联合,(使)结合 n.联合企业,联合收割机 n.联合收割机
名词:combiner 动词过去式:combined 过去分词:combined 现在分词:combining 第三人称单数:combines
com-=together,with,wholly 变化型 co-,col-,comb-,con-,cor-,coun-
1 [I, Ipr, Tn, Tn.pr] ~ (with sth); ~ A and B/A with B (cause things to) join or mix together to form a whole （使物件）结合或混合形成一整体; 联合; 组合; 合并; 化合
*Hydrogen and oxygen combine/Hydrogen combines with oxygen to form water. 氢与氧化合成水.
* Circumstances have combined to ruin our plans for a holiday. 各种情况凑在一起破坏了我们的假日计划.
* Combine the eggs with a little flour and heat the mixture gently. 把鸡蛋和少量面粉调匀, 用文火加热.
* a kitchen and dining-room combined, ie one room used as both 厨房兼饭厅
* Success was achieved by the combined efforts of the whole team. 全队齐心协力取得了胜利.
2 [Tn, Tn.pr] ~ A and B/A with B do (two or more things) at the same time or have (two or more different qualities) as a characteristic 同时做（不止一件事）; 兼有（不止一种）特性
*combine business with pleasure 寓工作于娱乐之中
* He combines arrogance and incompetence in his dealings with the staff. 他在与工作人员交往中既傲慢又无能.
1 group of people or firms acting together in business 业务上合作的人们或企业; 联合企业.
2 (also ,combine `harvester) agricultural machine that both reaps and threshes grain 联合收割机. Cf 参看 harvester (harvest).
1. The two were hard to combine and sometimes — as in his early marriages — the collision between them resulted in disaster. 这两者很难结合在一起，有时这种冲突导致了灾难，就像他早期的几次婚姻那样。
2. Read a book on a new subject. Change your daily newspaper. The new will combine with the old in novel and potentially fascinating ways. 读一本关于某一门新学科的书。不要总是读同一家日报。新的东西与旧的东西会以全新的、可能是非常诱人的方式结合起来。
3. Its graphs combine information obtained from a variety of population and household studies from dozens of countries. 其图表所包含的信息来自对几十个国家的人口和家庭问题所做的各种研究。