名词:communicator 动词过去式:communicated 过去分词:communicated 现在分词:communicating 第三人称单数:communicates
1 [Tn, Tn.pr] ~ sth (to sb/sth)
(a) make sth known; convey sth 使某事物被人知晓; 传送某事物
*This poem communicates the author's despair. 这首诗流露出作者的绝望心情.
* The officer communicated his orders to the men by radio. 军官用无线电向士兵下达命令.
(b) pass on sth; transmit sth 传递某事物; 传播
*communicate a disease 传播疾病.
2 (a) [I, Ipr] ~ (with sb) exchange information, news, ideas, etc 交流情况、交换消息、交流思想等
*The police communicate (with each other) by radio. 警察通过无线电（互相）联络.
(b) [I] convey one's ideas, feelings, etc clearly to others 将想法感情等清楚地传达给别人
*A politician must be able to communicate. 政治家必须善于表达自己的观点.
3 [I, Ipr] ~ (with sth) be connected 被联系; 被联接; 被沟通
*My garden communicates with the one next door by means of a gate. 我的花园有道门与邻家的相通
* communicating rooms, ie rooms with a connecting door 通间（带通门的房间）.
1【exchange information】2【tell people something】3【understand】4【disease】5【rooms】
1500-1600; Language: Latin;Origin:
, past participle of communicare 'to give information, take part'
, from communis; COMMON1
]【EXCHANGE INFORMATION】 [I and T]
to exchange information or conversation with other people, using words, signs, writing etc We communicated mostly by e-mail.communicate with People use more than words when they communicate with each other.communicate sth to sb The decision was communicated to our staff late in 1998.【TELL PEOPLE SOMETHING】 [I and T]
to express your thoughts and feelings clearly, so that other people understand them A baby communicates its needs by crying.communicate sth to sb Without meaning to, she communicated her anxiety to her child. His enthusiasm communicated itself to the voters. A teacher must be able to communicate effectively to students.【UNDERSTAND】 [I]
if two people communicate, they are able to talk about and understand each other's feelings or desires Many couples make themselves miserable by not communicating.communicate with Parents sometimes find it difficult to communicate with their teenage children.【DISEASE】 [T usually passive]
to pass a disease from one person or animal to another
if rooms or parts of a building communicate, you can get directly to one from the other communicating doors
1. We produce a steady flow of labor-saving devices; we communicate rapidly through faxes, phone calls or emails rather than through personal contacts, 我们发明了一系列节省劳力的装置；我们通过发传真、打电话或发电子邮件与他人迅速地进行交流, 而不是通过直接接触。
2. We communicate a great deal, researchers have found, with our bodies — by the way we move, sit, stand and what we do with our hands and heads. 研究者发现，我们用形体进行着大量的交流 -- 通过我们移动、坐和站的方式，以及我们的手和头的动作。
3. What you communicate through your kind of dress definitely influences others to accept the picture of yourself you are projecting: in the business world, the person who dresses like a successful manager is most likely to be promoted into a managing p 你通过自己的服装所传达的信息肯定会影响到其他人，使他们认可你正在传递的自己的形象：在商界，一个穿着就像个成功经理的人是很有可能被提升到经理职位上来的。
4. The most wonderful result of having learned a foreign language was that I could communicate with many more people than before. 学习一门外语最令人兴奋的收获是我能与比以前更多的人交流。
5. The instructor may have to communicate with students personally to offer help and remind them of the need to keep up. 正如许多优秀教师不能有效地用网络辅导教学一样，并不是所有学生都具备在网上学习中取得成功所需的素质。
6. They communicate with their whole being; the tones of their voices and their gestures match their words. 他们全身心与人交流；他们的音调和手势与他们说的话保持着一致。
7. As Earth wellers, we always cherish the hope that we will be visited by little green men and that we will be able to communicate with them. 作为地球上的居民，我们总存有这样的希望：小绿人来拜访我们，而我们可以和他们交流。
8. Don't know how or when to relax, bring work home from the office, can't communicate well with fellow workers and family members, and have unbalanced, one-dimensional lives. 他们不知道怎样或何时放松一下, 经常把办公室里的活儿带回家里去做，不善于和同事及家人交流沟通，生活作息不平衡, 单调乏味。
9. A smile is a strong sign of a friendly and open attitude and a willingness to communicate. 微笑是一种表明友好、坦诚态度,并乐于与人交流的强烈信号。
10. Also important is an arrangement for family members to communicate if there is an earthquake. 同样，安排好家人地震时的联络方式也很重要。