(a) (often derog 常作贬义) made up of many interconnected parts 结构复杂的
*complicated wiring, machinery 复杂的线路、机器
* a complicated diagram 复杂的图表.
(b) difficult to understand or explain because there are many different parts （因复杂）难于理解或解释的
*a complicated situation, process, relationship, plot 复杂的情况、过程、关系、情节
* He's married to her, and she's in love with his brother-in-law, and...oh, it's too complicated to explain! 他已经跟她结了婚, 可她又爱上他姐夫, 而且...哎, 太乱了, 说不清! Cf 参看 complex1.
difficult to understand or deal with, because many parts or details are involved
= complex a complicated voting system For young children, getting dressed is a complicated business.very/extremely/immensely/highly etc complicated Mental illness is a very complicated subject.
consisting of many closely connected parts
= complex a complicated pattern The human brain is an incredibly complicated organ.
1. This question is too complicated for me. 这个问题对我说来太复杂了。
2. There is no easy panacea for our complicated problem. 没有简单易行的补救方法能解决我们复杂的问题。
3. These ocean waves are among the earth´s most complicated natural phenomena, 这些海浪属于地球上最复杂的自然现象。
4. The apparatus thus described, however, records only the horizontal component of the wave movement, which is, in fact, much more complicated. 然而，这里所说的仪器记录下来的只是地震波运动中的水平部分，地震波的运动实际比这要复杂得多。
5. The matching process is also complicated by a philosophical debate among housing managers concerning the flavor of university life: 此外，宿舍管理人员中关于大学生活应有什么特色的理论争论也使这一安排过程复杂化。他们争论：
6. She adds, "As the world gets more complicated, it's nice to have old-fashioned stuff around to help people cope with the demands of modern life. 她补充说："世界变得越来越复杂，身边有点传统的东西能帮人们应付现代生活的挑战，这不失为一件好事。
7. My limited, broken Chinese wasn't up to expressing my complicated feelings. 我朝前走去，立即拥抱住了这个虚弱的老人，好像我生来就跟她很熟悉似的。
8. Mr. Torres was beginning the complicated two-hour trip to his job developing film in the X-ray department of the emergency room of the Bronx Municipal (市立的) Hospital Center. 多里斯先生正准备上班，这一路得花两个小时，十分麻烦。他在布朗克斯市立中心医院的急诊放射科干冲洗胶片的工作。
9. Computers are capable of doing extremely complicated work in all branches of learning. 电子计算机能从事各种专业知识的极为复杂工作。
10. One group was exercised by running inside an automatic wheel, a second group improved their skills in a complicated obstacle course, and a third group was inactive. 第一组在自动轮中跑动，第二组通过一种复杂的越障训练来提高技能，第三组则不做任何运动。