动词过去式:conditioned 过去分词:conditioned 现在分词:conditioning 第三人称单数:conditions
dict＝to say（说） 变化型 dit
1 [sing] particular state of existence 状态; 处境; 地位; 身分
*the human condition 人类的处境
* the condition of slavery, ie being a slave 奴隶的身分.
2 [sing, U]
(a) present state of a thing 现状; 状况; 情况
*be in good, poor, excellent, etc condition 处于好的、坏的、极佳的等状况
* the rusty condition of the bicycle 自行车生锈的状况
* The ship is not in a condition/is in no condition (ie is unfit) to make a long voyage. 此船的现状不适宜远航.
(b) physical fitness; health 健康状况; 健康
*He's in excellent condition for a man of his age. 他就其年龄而言, 身体极好.
* I've had no exercise for ages; I'm really out of condition, ie unfit. 我已多时没运动了, 现在健康状况欠佳.
* She's in no condition (ie is not well enough) to travel. 她的身体状况不宜旅行（不甚健康）.
(a) thing needed to make sth else possible; thing on which another thing depends 条件
*One of the conditions of the job is that you should be able to drive, ie In order to get the job you must be able to drive. 做这项工作的其中一个条件是要会开车.
* He was allowed to go out, but his parents made it a condition that he should get home before midnight. 他父母允许他出去, 但规定他要在午夜前回家.
* I'll let you borrow it on one condition
*(that) you lend me your bicycle in return. 我借给你也行, 但有个条件, 你得把你的自行车借给我.
(b) thing required as part of an agreement, a contract, etc; stipulation 条款; 规定; 约定; 条件
*the terms and conditions of the lease 契约的条款与条件.
4 conditions [pl] circumstances 环境; 情况
*under existing conditions 在现有的情况下
* poor working conditions 恶劣的工作环境
* firemen having to operate in very difficult conditions 须在极困难的情况下工作的消防队员.
5 [C] illness; ailment 疾病
*a heart, liver, brain, etc condition 心脏、肝脏、脑等的疾病
* What is the treatment for this condition? 这种病用什么方法治疗?
6 [C] (dated 旧) position in society; rank 社会地位; 阶级; 等级
*people of every condition/of all conditions 社会各阶层人士.
7 (idm 习语) in mint condition => mint2. on condition (that)... only if; provided (that) 在...条件下; 倘若...
*You can go out on condition that you wear an overcoat. 你要穿上外衣才能出去. on no condition (fml 文) not at all 一点也不; 决不
*You must on no condition tell him what happened. 你决不能把发生的事情告诉他.
1 [Tn] have an important effect on (sb/sth); determine 对（某人[某事物]）有重要影响; 决定
*Environment conditions an animal's development. 环境能影响动物的成长.
2 [Tn, Tn.pr, Cn.t] ~ sb/sth (to sth/to do sth) accustom sb/sth; train sb/sth 使某人[某事物]习惯; 训练某人[某事物]
*We have all been conditioned by our upbringing. 我们都习惯于所受的教养.
* It didn't take them long to become conditioned to the new environment. 他们不久就适应了新环境.
* Animals can be conditioned to expect food at certain times. 可以训练动物定时等待喂食.
3 [Tn] put (sth) into a proper or desired state for use 使（某事物）达到适当的或合要求的状况（以供使用）
*leather conditioned by a special process 经特殊加工的皮革
* a lotion that conditions the skin, ie keeps it healthy 护肤剂.
1. English tennis is in a parlous condition. 英国网球运动不堪设想.
2. By this time, a Lancaster bomber in reasonable condition was rare and worth rescuing. 到了那个时候，状况良好的兰开斯特轰炸机实属罕见，值得抢救。
3. The bicycle I lent Tom had been is good condition, but he returned it in disrepair. 我借给汤姆用的肢踏车是好的，但是他却还我一辆破损待修的车子。
4. The book was still in mint condition. 这本书仍然像新的一样。
5. This is what happened to the famous Beresovka mammoth which was found preserved and in good condition. 著名的那林索夫卡长毛象就是这样被保存下来的，而且保存得很好。
6. They have a character, perhaps two; they are in that condition of eager discomfort which passes for inspiration; 他们心中只在一个或两个角色。他们处于急切不安的状态，而被当作是灵感。
7. Then at last the miracle happened for which his unconscious mind had been seeking for so long. Falling into a sleeplike condition, he suddenly felt as though he were sinking in a mighty flood of water, and the rush and roar soon took musical shape wi 终于，他的潜意识长期以来一直在寻找的奇迹发生了。他进入了似睡非睡的朦胧状态，骤然间感觉到自己仿佛掉进了滔滔洪水之中,不断在下沉，很快，洪水的冲击声和咆哮声以音乐的形式呈现在他的脑海里。
8. The first and most common is having low iron reserves, a condition that typically has no symptoms. 第一也即最常见的阶段，是铁离子储量不足。这一阶段没有典型症状。
9. This boost in reaction time after exercise training may occur because declines associated with getting old could actually stem from declines in physical condition. 接受运动训练之后，人的反应速度会加快，这可能是因为与衰老有关的机能衰退实际上根源于体质下降。
10. The condition has lasted two months and since there has been no sign of improvement, the doctor tells you she will never get significantly better. 这种状况持续了两个月，因为一直没有好转的迹象，医生告诉你她可能永远也不能完全康复了。