fer＝to carry（运；载），to bear（忍耐）
n [C, U] (meetingfor) discussion or exchange of views 讨论（会）; 协商（会）; 会议
*Many international conferences are held in Geneva. 许多国际会议在日内瓦举行.
* The Director is in conference now. 主任正在开会.
a large formal meeting where a lot of people discuss important matters such as business, politics, or science, especially for several days Representatives from over 100 countries attended the International Peace Conference in Geneva.conference on a UN conference on the environmenthold a conference
(=have a conference) conference centre/facilities/hall etc
a private meeting for a few people to have formal discussionsconference with After a brief conference with his aides, he left for the airport.conference room/table etc The meeting will be held in the conference room at 10 am.in conference Mr Dickson is in conference.AmE
a group of teams that play against each other to see who is the best the Western Conference finals
1. Everything was so relaxed it did not seem possible that the conference was about to make decisions involving the fortunes of millions of people. 一切看起来都是那样的轻松，好象要在这次会议上来决定数百万人命运的大事有点不大可能。
2. But the conference heard equally strong evidence for the role that environmental factors play in creating genius. 但是那次会议也提出了同样充分的证据支持环境因素在创造天才上的作用。
3. When the Conference was over I was told by the President to hand out cigars and small favours to the staff that had helped us, and of course I hadn´t forgotten the Russian head waiter. 当会议结束时，总统让我向帮我们忙的人员发送一些雪茄烟和小礼品。当然我并没有忘记苏联的侍者领班。
4. The Director is in conference now. 主任正在开会.
5. The conference was deadly dull. 会议开得死气沉沉的.
6. The conference came to a speedy end. 会议迅速结束了。
7. The Moscow Conference of Foreign Ministers had been good practice, but this meeting was at the highest level. 莫斯科外长会议曾是一次很好的实践，但这次（德黑兰会议）是最高级的会晤。
8. The first plenary session of the Teheran Conference convened in the conference room at the Soviet Embassy at 4 p.m. 德黑兰会议的第一次全体会议于下午4时在苏联使馆的会议室召开。
9. He clearly was the dominating figure at the conference. 他显然是会议上临驾一切的人物。
10. He makes time every day to listen to his seven-year-old son play the piano — even if it is no more than a few minutes during a phone call while he is away at a conference. 他每天都挤出时间来听7岁的儿子弹钢琴，既使在他外出开会时，也要通过电话听几分钟。