fuse＝to pour（倾；倒） 变化型 found
1 bewilderment or embarrassment 迷乱; 惶惑
*gazing in confusion at the strange sight 惶惑地凝视着这种奇怪的景象.
2 disorder 混乱; 杂乱
*Her unexpected arrival threw us into total confusion. 她来得很突然, 使我们完全不知所措.
3 mistaking of one person or thing for another 混淆; 混同
*There has been some confusion of names. 有些名字弄混了.
4 state of uncertainty 不确定状态
*There is some confusion about what the right procedure should be. 对应该采取怎样的步骤这一点还不太明确.
[U and C]
when you do not understand what is happening or what something means because it is not clear
confusion about/over/as to
There was some confusion as to whether we had won or lost.
create/lead to confusion
This complicated situation has led to considerable confusion .
[U and C]
a situation in which someone wrongly thinks that a person or thing is someone or something else
To avoid confusion, the teams wore different colours.
There is a confusion in the public mind between psychology and psychiatry.
a feeling of not being able to think clearly what you should say or do, especially in an embarrassing situation
His confusion at meeting her there was quite apparent.
Matt stared at her in confusion.
[U and C]
a very confusing situation, that usually has a lot of noise and action, so that it is difficult for someone to understand it or control it
a scene of indescribable confusion
There was a confusion of shouts and orders as the ship prepared to depart.
1. The room was in a state of confusion. 房间一片杂乱。
2. They picked up the bank guard who, poor fellow, was still lying flat on the floor. There was a good deal of confusion (混乱). 门外繁华的街道上生活仍然正常地进行着，我也漫步走回学校。途中我碰到了学校的会计，并平静地向他提及了我刚刚经历了一起银行抢劫案。当然，他非常惊讶，并且问我，"想喝点什么吗？"我说"好的。"
3. That still leaves some confusion over vocabulary. 这样做还是留下了一些词汇上的难题。
4. Only two stray dogs benefited from all this confusion, for they greedily devoured what was left of the cake. 只有两只野狗从这一片混乱中得到好处，它们贪婪地吃掉了剩下的蛋糕。
5. Looking into the drawing room, she saw a scene of confusion over by her writing desk. 她往起居室里看去，写字台边一片狼籍。