/kən'sɪdərəbl; kən`sɪdərəbl/ adj great in amount or size 相当多的; 相当大的
*a considerable quantity, sum, distance, etc 相当大的数量、数目、距离等
* bought at considerable expense 花很多钱买到的.
fairly large, especially large enough to have an effect or be important
→inconsiderableconsiderable amount/number etc of sth We've saved a considerable amount of money. Michael has already spent considerable time in Barcelona. issues of considerable importance The series has aroused considerable interest.
1. Elephants like to have one master just as dogs do, and are capable of a considerable degree of personal affection. 大象和狗一样，喜欢有一个专一的主人，而且会对主人产生相当深厚的私人感情。
2. Though they may attain considerable accuracy in the perception of flat form. 虽然他们可能获得相当准确的平面形态感觉,
3. The losses are considerable. 损失很重。
4. Though they may attain considerable accuracy in the perception of flat form, 虽然他们对平面形的感觉能达到相当准确的程度，
5. The self-discipline required to drag myself out of bed eleven minutes earlier than usual was considerable. 这就要求我比平时早11分钟把自己从床上拽起来，这种自我约束是很艰苦的。
6. The triangle has aroused considerable public interest through three best-selling books, a television show and a special exhibition. 这个三角地带通过三本畅销书、一部电视片和一个特别展览引起了公众极大的兴趣。
7. Kidnappers are rarely interesting in animals, but they recently took considerable interest in Mrs Eleanor Ramsay´s cat. 绑架者很少对动物感兴趣，可是最近对埃莉诺・拉姆奇夫人的猫却产生了很大的兴趣。
8. Kidnappers are rarely interested in animals, but they recently took considerable interest in Mrs. Eleanor Ramsay´s cat. 绑架者很少对动物感兴趣。最近，绑架者却盯上了埃莉诺.拉姆齐太太的猫。
9. He had proved the existence features of considerable magnitude. 他还证实了相当多水下特征的存在.
10. Hyde School founder Joseph Gauld claims success with the program at the $18,000-a-year high school in Bath, Maine, which has received considerable publicity for its work with troubled youngsters. 海德中学坐落在缅因州巴思市，每年的学费高达1.8万美元，因其教导问题少年有方而遐迩闻名。