/,kɒnstɪ'tju:ʃn; [US] -'tu:ʃn; ,kɑnstə`tuʃən/
1 [C] (system of) laws and principles according to which a state is governed 宪法（的体制）
*Britain has an unwritten constitution, and the United States has a written constitution. 英国有不成文的宪法, 美国有成文的宪法.
2 (a) [U] (fml 文) action or manner of constituting (constitute 1, 3, 4) 组织、建立、任命、授权的举动或方式
*the constitution of an advisory group 谘询小组的组成.
(b) [C] (fml 文) general structure of a thing 事物的一般结构
*the constitution of the solar spectrum 太阳光谱的构成.
3 [C] condition of a person's body with regard to health, strength, etc 人的健康、体力等状况; 体质; 体格
*a robust/weak constitution 强壮的[虚弱的]体质
* Only people with a strong constitution should go climbing. 只有身体强健的人才可以去登山.
a set of basic laws and principles that a country or organization is governed by
The right to speak freely is written into the Constitution of the United States.
your health and your body's ability to fight illness
(have) a strong/good/weak etc constitution
She's got a strong constitution - she'll recover in no time.
formal the parts or structure of something
What's the chemical constitution of the dye?
1. Britain has an unwritten constitution, and the United States has a written constitution. 英国有不成文的宪法, 美国有成文的宪法.
2. The motion to amend the club´s constitution was defeated by 20 votes to 15. 修改俱乐部章程的动议以二十票对十五票被否决了。
3. The Constitution of the United States has over twenty amendments. 美国宪法有二十多条修正案。
4. He had to be of very strong constitution, to put up with such exhausting mental labour. 他必须具有极其强壮的体质，不然应付不了如此耗费精力的脑力劳动。
5. One organization has held dozens of workshops in rural Kenya to help women understand the nation's constitution and the procedures and theory behind a democratic political system. 有个机构已经在肯尼亚农村举办了十几个专题讨论会，目的是帮助妇女理解国家宪法以及民主政治制度所体现的程序及理论。