n [U] process of preparing food by heating 烹调过程; 烹饪方法
*She does all the cooking. 烹饪的事都由她做.
* Chinese `cooking 中国式烹饪
* [attrib 作定语] `cooking apples, sherry, etc, ie apples, sherry, etc suitable for cooking rather than eating raw or drinking 烹饪用的苹果、雪利酒等.
1. Excuse me, could you help ne? I would like to enroll in thiss cooking class? 对不起, 请你帮忙我好吗? 我想报名参加这烹饪课.
2. But the worst happened when Rich criticized my mother's cooking, and he didn't even have a clue about what he had done. 最糟的是当他批评我妈妈的烹饪手艺时，他对自己做的事还一点也没有感觉到。
3. The chairs, tables, curtains, cooking pots, flower vases, drinking cups, birdcages, and so on are all made of bamboo . 桌子, 椅子, 帘子, 饭罐, 花瓶, 水杯, 鸟笼等等都用竹子制造.
4. Time is an important factor to consider in cooking. 烹调过程中掌握时间是很重要的。
5. The camp itself consisted of little more than hammocks strung between trees, the fires to keep off the jaguars, and half a dozen cooking pots. 他们的营地设备只有拴在树间的吊床，防范老虎的篝火和五六只炊锅。
6. As is the Chinese cook's custom, my mother always made negative remarks about her own cooking. 我妈妈总是要对她自己的烹饪发表一些评论，说一些自己的菜烧得不好之类的话，这是中国厨师的习惯。
7. "Just be sure to tell her later that her cooking was the best you ever tasted," I told Rich. "Believe me." "千万记住在饭后告诉我妈, 说她做的饭菜是你吃过的饭菜中最可口的," 我对里奇讲。 "相信我的话。"
8. Arrange an auxiliary cooking and heating source that can be used outside. One alternative is a portable camp stove with small cans of gas. 放置一个备用的户外烹调和取暖用具，或者准备一个便携式露营灶和几小罐煤气。
9. Parents are often upset when their children praise the homes of their friends and regard it as a slur on their own cooking, or cleaning, or furniture, and often are foolish enough to let the adolescents see that they are annoyed. 当家长听到孩子赞扬自己朋友的家时，总感到不安，认为孩子在嫌弃自家的饭菜、卫生、或家具，而且愚蠢地让孩子看出自己的烦恼。
10. Mother is cooking lunch in the kitchen. 母亲在厨房里做午饭。