形容词:coppery 动词过去式:coppered 过去分词:coppered 现在分词:coppering 第三人称单数:coppers
1 [U] chemical element, a common reddish-brown metal 铜; 紫铜; 红铜
*the mining of copper in central Africa 中部非洲的铜矿开采业
* Is the pipe copper or lead? 这管子是铜的呢还是铅的?
* [attrib 作定语] a copper pipe, wire, alloy, etc 铜管、丝、合金等
* her copper-coloured hair 她那红棕色的头发. =>App
2 [C] (esp Brit) coin made of copper or a copper alloy 铜币
*It only costs a few coppers, ie is cheap. 这只值几个铜板（很便宜）.
3 [C] (esp Brit) large metal vessel, esp one in which clothes were formerly washed by boiling 大锅（尤指旧时用以煮洗衣物的）. Cf 参看 boiler 3.
n (infml 口) policeman （男）警察.
[Language: Old English;Origin:
coper, from Late Latin
cuprum, from Latin
(aes) Cyprium 'metal of Cyprus, copper'
a soft reddish-brown metal that allows electricity and heat to pass through it easily, and is used to make electrical wires, water pipes etc. It is a chemical element
: symbol Cucoppers [plural]BrE
money of low value made of copper or bronze He offered to do the job for a few coppers.[U]
a reddish-brown colour her copper hair[C]BrE informal
a police officer>copperyadj coppery skin
1. Brass is an alloy of copper and zinc. 黄铜是铜和锌的合金.
2. But a single optical fiber with a diameter of less than half a millimeter can carry more information than a large cable made of copper wires. 但是单单一根直径小于半毫米的光纤电缆就可以比由铜丝制成的粗电缆负载更多的信息。
3. The actual figure was made of copper supported by a metal framework which had been especially constructed by Eiffel. 这座雕像的主体是用铜制成的，由艾菲尔特制的金属框架支撑着。
4. And the decks were soon covered with colourful rugs from Persia, silks from India, copper coffee pots, and beautiful handmade silverware. 一会儿工夫，甲板上就摆满了色彩斑斓的波斯地毯。印度丝绸。铜咖啡壶以及手工制作的漂亮的银器。
5. Despite a per person income of just $220 a year, all of the 300,000 lines Vietnam plans to add annually will be optical fiber with digital switching, rather than cheaper systems that send electrons over copper wires. 尽管越南人均年收入只有220美元，它计划每年增加的30万条线路将全部为有数字转换的光纤电缆，而不是那些以铜线传送电子信号的廉价系统。
6. In a way, China's backwardness is an advantage, because the expansion occurs just as new technologies are becoming cheaper than copper wire systems. 从某种意义上说，中国的落后成了一种有利因素，因为这一发展正好发生在新技术比铜线电缆系统更便宜的时候。