动词过去式:cored 过去分词:cored 现在分词:coring 第三人称单数:cores
1 (usu hard) centre of such fruits as the apple and pear, containing the seeds 果心（如苹果核、梨核）.
2 (a) central part of a magnet or an induction coil 磁铁心; 线圈心.
(b) (geology 地质) central part of the planet earth 地核
*The earth has a core and a mantle around it. 地球的中心是地核, 地核的周围是地幔.
(c) (physics 物) central part of a nuclear reactor, where the fuel rods are kept and the nuclear reaction takes place （核反应堆中的）活性区, 反应堆心.
(d) (computing 计) very small magnetizable metal ring used formerly in a computer's memory for storing one bit3 of data （存储器的）磁心.
(e) inner strand of an electric cable （电缆的）芯线.
3 most important part of sth 核心
*Let's get to the core of the argument. 咱们进入实质性的辩论吧.
* This concept is at the very core of her theory. 这个概念是她的理论的核心.
* [attrib 作定语] English is a subject on the core curriculum, ie one which all the students have to do. 英语是一门基础课程.
4 (idm 习语) to the `core right to the centre 达到中心
*rotten to the core, ie completely bad 烂透了的
* He is English to the core, ie completely English in manner, speech, dress, etc. 他是地地道道的英国人.
* Her refusal shocked us to the core, ie utterly. 她拒绝後我们大吃一惊.
v [Tn] take out the core of (sth) 去掉（某物）的中心部分
*core an apple 挖去苹果的果心.
1. Be honest and open about who you really are. People who lack genuine core values rely on external factors — their looks or status — in order to feel good about themselves. 要诚实坦白地表现真正的自我。缺乏实实在在内涵的人会去依靠外部因素——如长相或地位——来保持良好的自我感觉。
2. Besides criminal history, workers' insurance claims, and civil court records, one of their core products is credit information, which isn't always accurate. 除了犯罪记录、劳工保险索赔、民事法庭记录外，这些公司的核心产品之一是信用信息，而这种信用信息却并非总是准确的。
3. The earth has a core and a mantle around it. 地球的中心是地核, 地核的周围是地幔.
4. The core of emotional self-regulation is the ability to delay an immediate reward in the service of a goal. 自我调节情感的核心就是有能力做到为了某一目的而推迟近在眼前的利益。
5. "Oh, nonsense; I´ll be very careful. Now let me try. Say, I´ll give you the core of my apple." “哦，胡说；我会很小心的。让我来试试。我把苹果的果核给你。”
6. Old-fashioned art — and values — have always been at the core of Engelbreit's life. 传统艺术以及传统的价值观一向是恩格尔布赖特生活的核心。
7. I have an awareness of the other's feelings and thoughts, and I experience something of the core of that person. 要看到这个人的情感、思想，感受他的内心。