名词:crasher 动词过去式:crashed 过去分词:crashed 现在分词:crashing 第三人称单数:crashes
1 (a) (usu sing 通常作单数) (loud noise made by a) violent fall, blow or breakage 坠落（声）; 撞击（声）; 破裂（声）
*the crash of dishes being dropped 摔碎盘碟的声音
* The tree fell with a great crash. 那棵树哗啦一声倒了.
* His words were drowned in a crash of thunder. 他的话为一阵雷声所淹没.
(b) accident involving a vehicle in a collision or some other impact 撞车; （车辆等）碰撞
*a crash in which two cars collided 两辆汽车相撞的事故
* a `car crash/an `air crash 汽车撞车事故[飞机坠毁].
2 collapse, esp of a business or stock-market 崩溃; 垮台; （尤指）倒闭; （证券市场）暴跌
*The great financial crash in
1929 ruined international trade. 1929年的经济大萧条摧毁了国际贸易.
adj [attrib 作定语] done intensively to achieve quick results 突击式的; 速成的
*a crash course in computer programming 计算机程序设计速成课程
* a crash diet 速效饮食.
adv with a crash 哗啦一声地
*The vase fell crash on to the tiles. 花瓶哗啦一声掉在瓷砖上.
1 (a) [Ipr, Ip, Tn.pr, Tn.p] fall or strike (sth) suddenly and noisily 突然倒下, 撞击（某物）发出声响
*The rocks crashed (down) onto the car. 岩石轰隆一声砸在汽车上.
* The tree crashed through the window. 树哗啦一声倒入窗内.
* The dishes crashed to the floor. 碗碟哗啦一声掉在地板上.
* She crashed the plates (down) on the table. 她哗啦一声把那些盘子摔到桌上.
(b) [I, Ipr, Tn, Tn.pr] ~ (sth) (into sth) (cause sth to) have a collision （使某物）猛撞
*The plane crashed (into the mountain). 飞机撞毁（在山上）了.
* He crashed his car (into a wall). 他把汽车撞（到墙上）了.
* a crashed car, plane 撞毁的汽车、坠毁的飞机.
(c) [Ipr, Ip, Tn.pr, Tn.p] (cause sth to) move noisily or violently （使某物）轰然或猛然冲, 闯
*an enraged elephant crashing about in the undergrowth 被激怒了的大象, 在矮树丛中东奔西窜
* He crashed the trolley through the doors. 他推着小脚轮车乒乒乓乓地过了几道门.
2 [I] make a loud noise 发出巨响
*The thunder crashed. 雷声隆隆.
3 [I] (of a business company, government, etc) fail suddenly; collapse （指企业、政府等）突然倒台, 崩溃
*The company crashed with debts of ￡2 million. 那家公司因负债2百万英镑而告破产.
4 [Tn] (infml 口) = gatecrash (gate).
5 [Ipr, Ip] ~ (out) (sl 俚 esp US) sleep in an improvised bed, esp when very tired 在临时床铺上睡觉（尤指困极时）
*Mind if I crash (out) on your floor tonight? 今晚我在你家打地铺行吗?
6 (idm 习语) a crashing `bore very boring person 讨厌鬼.
1. There were ten serious casualties in the train crash. 有十人在火车撞车事故中受伤.
2. The plane wasn´t too badly damaged, but over the years, the crash was forgotten and the wreck remained undisturbed. 飞机损坏的程度并不严重，但是，多年来这起飞机失事已被遗忘，飞机残骸也没受到破坏。
3. Then in 1989, twenty-six years after the crash, the plane was accidentally rediscovered in an aerial survey of the island. 于是，到了1989年，飞机失事26年后，在对小岛的一次航空勘查中那架飞机被意外地发现了。
4. Didn´t your wife have a crash? 你妻子被车子撞了一下吧?
5. Didn´t you have a crash? 难说您没有出车祸吗？
6. At one point, it seemed certain that their plane would crash. 在某地，好象他们的飞机肯定要被撞得粉碎似的.
7. At one point, it seemed certain that their plane would crash. 在有个地方，飞机似乎肯定要坠毁了。
8. My knees are shaking, my heart is beating wildly and my head is enclosed in a crash helmet (防撞头盔) that seems much too thin. 我的双膝发抖，心狂跳不止，头戴的防撞头盔看上去似乎太单薄了。
9. It was not long before a helicopter arrived on the scene to rescue the survivors of the plane crash. 不久，一架直升飞机飞到现场，来搭救失事飞机的幸存者。
10. It was not long before a helicopter arrived on the scene to rescue the survivors of the plane crash. 不久，一架直升飞机飞到现场，来搭救失事飞机的幸存者。