动词过去式:created 过去分词:created 现在分词:creating 第三人称单数:creates
cre＝to make（制造），to grow（生长） 变化型 cresc
1 [Tn] cause (sth) to exist; make (sth new or original) 创造; 创建; 创作
*God created the world. 上帝创造世界.
* A novelist creates characters and a plot. 小说家塑造人物并设计作品的情节.
* create a role, ie (of an actor) be the first to play it 创演角色（指演员为某一角色的最初扮演者）
* create more jobs 提供更多的就业机会.
2 [Tn] have (sth) as a result; produce 引起; 产生
*His shabby appearance creates a bad impression. 他那寒酸的样子给人留下不好的印象.
* The outrageous book created a sensation. 那部耸人听闻的书曾轰动一时.
* create a fuss, ie express anger, annoyance, etc 发脾气.
3 [Tn, Cn.n esp passive 尤用于被动语态] give (sb) a certain rank 任命; 册封
*create eight new peers 新封了八个贵族
* He was created Baron of Banthorp. 他被封为班绍普男爵.
4 [I] (Brit infml 口) be angry, cause trouble, etc 生气; 惹事
*She really created because she wasn't served first. 她的确生气了, 因为没有首先为她服务.
[Date: 1300-1400; Language: Latin;Origin: , past participle of creare]
to make something exist that did not exist before
Some people believe the universe was created by a big explosion.
Her behaviour is creating a lot of problems.
The new factory is expected to create more than 400 new jobs.
to invent or design something
This dish was created by our chef Jean Richard.
Philip Glass created a new kind of music.
The software makes it easy to create colourful graphs.
create sb sth
BrE to officially give someone a special rank or title
James I created him Duke of Buckingham.
1. By laying out a few cards, you create a story as appealing as a fairy tale, with your client as the hero. 摆出几张牌，你就可以创造一个像神话传说一样动人的故事，而故事的主角就是你的顾客。
2. Fulfilling its designer´s dream to create ´an enormous object drawn as faintly as possible´. 实现了设计者企图创造一个"尽量用细线条勾画出一个庞然大物"的梦想。
3. To solve this problem, ask people in the community who can draw well to create low-literacy AIDS education publications. 为解决这一问题，请了善于绘画的人来编写适合于教育程度低的居民阅读的艾滋病教育图书。
4. The gravest concern isn't really cloning itself, but genetic engineering — the deliberate altering of genes to create human beings according to certain requirements. 最让人担心的不是克隆本身，而是基因工程——即根据特定的要求故意改变基因以创造人类。
5. The prime mover behind the project, Luca Cavalli-Sforza, a Stanford professor, labored with his colleagues for 16 years to create nothing less than the first genetic map of the world. 这一项目的主要倡导者，斯坦福大学教授路卡·卡瓦里-斯福尔扎与同事一起经过16年的努力，成就了这一相当于世界上首本人类基因分布图谱的书。
6. "The responsibility we have for the future begins when we recognise that we ourselves create the future -- that the future is not something imposed upon us by fate or other forces beyond our control. “当我们认识到创造未来的正是我们自己，即未来不是由命运或其他不可抗拒的力量强加于我们的，我们也就由此开始肩负起了对未来的责任。
7. As new households form, they create additional garbage. 随着新家庭的形成，将产生更多的生活垃圾。
8. And by altering the proteins on the surfaces of animal organs to make them more like human organs, scientists believe they may be able to create a plentiful source of organ donors for people. 而且科学家们相信，通过改变动物器官表面的蛋白质，它们更像人类器官，就能够找到一个为人类提供器官的丰富来源。
9. Yet their numbers create a drain on resources that can't be renewed. 而这一小部分却造成了不可再生资源的流失。
10. Students often create amusing situations which are funny to everyone except the victims. 大学生们常常做的是制造一种可笑的局面，使大家笑上一场，当然受害者是笑不出来的。