/'krɪtɪsɪzəm; `krɪtə,sɪzəm/ n
1 (a) [U] looking for faults; pointing out faults 批评; 非难
*a scheme that is open to criticism 有待批评的方案
* He hates/can't take criticism, ie being criticized. 他不喜欢[不能接受]别人的批评.
(b) [C] remark that points out a fault or faults 批评意见
*I have two criticisms of your plan. 我对你的计划有两条批评意见.
2 (a) [U] art of making judgements on literature, art, etc 文学、艺术等的评论
*literary criticism 文学批评.
(b) [C] such a judgement 评论文章.
n [U and C]
remarks that say what you think is bad about someone or something
≠ praisecriticism of My main criticism of the scheme is that it does nothing to help families on low incomes. Despite strong criticism , the new system is still in place. There has been widespread criticism of the decision. We try to give students constructive criticism . Another criticism levelled at him was that his teaching methods were old-fashioned. The government's economic strategy has attracted a lot of criticism . You must learn to accept criticism . Many employees find it hard to take even mild criticism . His actions provoked severe criticism from civil rights groups. the storm of criticism that followed his announcement
writing which expresses judgments about the good or bad qualities of books, films, music etc literary criticism
COLLOCATES for sense 1strong/severe/harsh criticismwidespread criticism
(=when a lot of people criticize something) public criticismconstructive criticism
(=criticism aimed at helping someone improve) direct/level criticism at somebody
(=criticize someone) come in for/attract/draw criticism
(=be criticized) face criticismaccept/take criticism
(=accept criticism and learn from it) provoke criticism
(=make people criticize something) a storm/barrage of criticism
(=a lot of criticism)
1. Without exactly taking sides for or against that criticism, 我不想完全支持或反对此类评论，
2. The traditional criticism is that women are slaves to male ideas. 传统上人们指责女人做了男人观念的奴隶。
3. Noboday could tolerate her pungent criticism. 没有人能忍受她尖刻的批评。
4. Apparently sensitive to criticism, the bull forgot all about the matador and charged at the drunk. 看来那公牛对挑衅很敏感，它完全撇开斗牛士，直奔醉汉而来。
5. Apparently sensitive to criticism, the bull forgot all about the matador and charged at the drunk. 对挑衅显然非常敏感的公牛完全撇开斗牛士，直奔醉汉而来。
6. A standard criticism of sociological research is that it goes to great lengths to prove what most people with common sense already know. 社会学研究的标准评论往往会不遗余力地去证明那些大多数有常识的人已经知道了的东西。
7. "It's not an ideal thing to send your kids to such a place," said one mother, asking not to be identified for fear of criticism from other parents. 将孩子放在这种地方并不理想，"有一位母亲说。她因担心招来其他家长的指责，要求不要泄露她的身份。
8. She wrote an article in answer to his criticism. 她写文章答复他的批评意见。