动词过去式:cupped 过去分词:cupped 现在分词:cupping 第三人称单数:cups
/kʌp; kʌp/ n
1 [C] small bowl-shaped container, usu with a handle, for drinking tea, coffee, etc from; its contents; the amount it will hold 杯子; 杯中之物; 一杯之量
* a ,cup and `saucer 一套杯碟
* a,cup of `coffee 一杯咖啡
* a paper cup 纸杯
* She drank a whole cup of milk. 她喝了满满一杯牛奶.
* Use two cups of flour for the cake, ie as a measure in cooking. 用两杯面粉做蛋糕（用作烹饪的量器）.
* (fig rhet 比喻, 修辞) My cup (of joy) is full/overflowing, ie I am extremely happy. 我快乐极了. =>illus 见插图.
(a) vessel, usu of gold or silver, awarded as a prize in a competition 奖杯
*teams competing for the World Cup, eg in football 争夺世界杯的球队（如足球赛中）
* He's won several cups for shooting. 他曾多次荣获射击比赛的奖杯.
(b) such a competition 优胜杯赛; 锦标赛
*We got knocked out of the Cup in the first round. 我们在锦标赛的第一轮比赛中就被淘汰了.
3 [C] = chalice.
4 [C] thing shaped like a deep narrow bowl 杯形物
*an `egg-cup 蛋杯
* the cup in which an acorn grows 长橡果的壳斗
* the cups of a bra 胸罩的罩杯
* She wears a `D cup, ie size of bra. 她戴罩杯尺寸为D的胸罩.
5 [U] drink made from wine, cider, etc with other flavourings added （由葡萄酒、苹果酒等加其他调料制成的）混合饮料
* `cider-cup 苹果酒混合饮料.
6 (idm 习语) (not) sb's cup of `tea (infml 口) (not) what sb likes, is interested in, etc （非）某人所喜爱、所关注等的
*Skiing isn't really my cup of tea. 滑雪不算是我的嗜好. in one's `cups (dated fml 旧, 文) drunk 喝醉的. there's many a slip 'twixt cup and lip => slip1.`
1 [Tn] form (esp one's hands) into the shape of a cup 做成杯状（尤指用手窝成）
*She cupped her hands round her mouth and shouted. 她窝起两只手掌围着嘴喊.
2 [Tn, Tn.pr] ~ sth (in/with sth) hold sth as if in cup 把某物放入杯状物中
*cup one's chin in one's hands 窝起两只手掌托住下巴.
1. By this time her legs were beginning to tremble, so she sat down and accepted a cup of very strong tea, while he telephoned the police. 这时她两腿累得开始发抖，于是坐了下来，喝了一杯浓茶。与此同时，看门的人给警察挂了电话。
2. Would you like another cup of tea? 你要再来一杯茶吗?
3. Where´s my cup and saucer? 我的茶杯和茶托在哪儿呢?
4. The driver gave him a few biscuits and a cup of coffee and left him just outside the city. 卡车司机给了他几块饼干和一杯咖啡，把他带到城外就走了。
5. The boy broke a cup. 那孩子打破了一只茶杯。
6. The cup is clean. 杯子是干净的.
7. This cup is stained on the inside. 这杯子的内侧有积垢.
8. The driver gave him a few biscuits and a cup of coffee and left him just outside the city. 司机给了他几块饼干和一杯咖啡，就把他丢在了城外。
9. There is a cup on the table, too. 桌子上还有一只杯子。
10. The cup is clean. 杯子很干净。