1 set of shelves with a door or doors in front, either built into the wall of a room or as a separate piece of furniture, used for storing food, clothes, dishes, etc （放食物、衣物、碗碟等的）柜橱
*a ,kitchen `cupboard 厨房用的橱柜
* an `airing cupboard, ie for airing clothes 烘柜（用以烘乾衣物）
* (fig 比喻) They ask for more funds, but the cupboard is bare, ie there is no money to give them. 他们要求提供更多的资金, 然而我们已囊空如洗.
* [attrib 作定语] not enough cupboard space 橱柜里放不下. =>illus at App
1 见附录1之插图, page xvi.
2 (idm 习语) `cupboard love affection that is shown, esp by a child, in order to gain sth by it （为获得某事物）讨人喜欢（尤指小孩）
*It's only cupboard love; he wants some sweets! 别看他那么讨人喜欢, 他要吃糖! a skeleton in the cupboard => skeleton.
cupboard 'shelf or table for cups'
a piece of furniture with doors, and sometimes shelves, used for storing clothes, plates, food etc
, wardrobe wardrobe It's in the kitchen cupboard. The cupboard doors were open.
1. Each cupboard contains cereal boxes and canned goods. 每个碗橱里都有麦片盒和罐装食品。
2. The terrible secret is called ´a skeleton in the cupboard´. 惊人的秘密称作"柜中骷髅"。
3. To varying degrees, we all have secrets which we do not want even our closest friends to learn, but few of us have skeletons in the cupboard. 尽管我们人人都有各种大小秘密。连最亲密的朋友都不愿让他们知道，但我们当中极少有人有柜中骷髅。
4. The only person I know who has a skeleton in the cupboard is George Carlton, and he is very proud of the fact. 我所认识的唯一的在柜中藏骷嵝的人便是乔治.卡尔顿，他甚至引以为自豪。
5. There are some in the cupboard. 碗橱里有几只。
6. It´s in the cupboard.Be careful not to spill the oil in the jar. 在碗柜里, 小心不要把罐子里的油倒出来.
7. It´s in the cupboard.Be careful not to spill the oil in the jar. 在碗柜里, 小心不要把罐子里的油倒出来.
8. I opened the cupboard door and then stood in front of the it petrified. A skeleton was dangling before me eyes. 我打开橱门就站在橱前吓呆了。一具骷髅在我眼前摇晃。
9. It´s in the cupboard.Be careful not to spill the oil in the jar. 在碗柜里, 小心不要把罐子里的油倒出来.
10. I decided to hang one of the two suits I had brought with me in the cupboard. 然后我想把随身带来的两套西服中的一套挂到大衣柜里去。