名词:curer 形容词:cureless 动词过去式:cured 过去分词:cured 现在分词:curing 第三人称单数:cures
cure＝to take care（注意；留心）
1 (a) [Tn, Tn.pr] ~ sb (of sth) make sb healthy again 治愈某人
*The doctors cured her of cancer. 医生治好了她的癌症.
(b) [Tn] provide a successful remedy for (an illness, etc) 治好（疾病等）
*This illness cannot be cured easily. 这种病不好治.
2 (a) [Tn] (fig 比喻) find a solution to (sth); put an end to 解决（某事物）; 了结
*Ministers hoped that import controls might cure the economy's serious inflation. 部长们希望实行进口控制或可抑止经济上严重的通货膨胀.
(b)[Tn.pr] ~ sb of sth (fig 比喻) stop sb from behaving unpleasantly, harmfully, etc 矫正某人的不良行为
*That nasty shock cured him of his inquisitiveness for ever. 那一沉重教训根除了他凡事爱打听的毛病.
3 [Tn] treat(meat, fish, tobacco, etc) by salting it, smoking it, drying it, etc in order to keep it in good condition （用腌、熏、烤等方法）加工处理（肉、鱼、烟草等）
*well-cured bacon 精制的熏猪肉.
4 (idm 习语) kill or cure => kill.
1 [C] act of curing or process of being cured 治疗; 治愈
*The doctor cannot guarantee a cure. 医生不能保证治愈.
* Her cure took six weeks. 她的病用了六个星期才治好.
* effect/work a cure 治愈[治疗].
2 [C, U] ~ (for sth) substance or treatment that cures; remedy 药物; 疗法
*Is there a certain cure for cancer yet? 癌症迄今有无有效的治疗方法?
* a disease with no known cure 迄今仍然无法可治的疾病
* He has tried all sorts of cures, but without success. 他已试用过各种各样的疗法, 但仍不见效.
* (fig 比喻) What is the cure for the plight of the homeless? 帮助无家可归者摆脱困境有何措施?
3 [C, U] (fml 文) duties of a priest 牧师的职务
*the cure of souls, ie looking after people's spiritual welfare 拯救灵魂的工作
* obtain/resign a cure, ie a position as a priest 就任[辞去]牧师职务.
4 (idm 习语) prevention is better than cure => prevention.
1. This shampoo will cure your dandruff. 这种洗发水可除掉头皮屑.
2. Two British scientists developed a sulfa that could cure pneumonia, a disease that up to that time had caused thousands of deaths yearly. 英国两位科学家研制了一种可以医治肺炎的磺胺药。在研制出此药之前，每年都有成千上万人死于肺炎。
3. These lessons are not the only solutions to the crisis but until there is a cure for AIDS, education represents the only safe measure to guard against the virus. 这些经验不是解决艾滋病危机的惟一方法，但在找到治疗艾滋病的方法之前，教育不失为预防感染艾滋病毒的惟一安全的措施。
4. Now we can begin to effectuate the cure. 现在我们能着手治好这病了。
5. An ounce of prevention is a pound of cure. （谚）一分预防相当于十分治疗。
6. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. 一分预防胜似十分治疗。
7. "I can give you some anti-cancer drugs," I said, "but they will make you sick and cannot cure you. "我可以给你用一些抗癌药，" 我说，"但是它们会让你难受，而且还治不好你。
8. My scalp is full of dandruff and itchy. Is there a cure? 我的头皮满是头皮屑, 又很痒, 有办法治吗?
9. My scalp is full of dandruff and itchy. Is there a cure? 我的头皮满是头皮屑, 又很痒, 有办法治吗?
10. I´m convinced that drinking a lot of water is the best way to cure colds. 我确信喝很多水是治疗感冒的最有效的方法.