cure＝to take care（注意；留心）
1 [U] ~ (about sth/to do sth) being curious(1a); inquisitiveness 好奇心; 爱打听的癖性
*curiosity about distant lands 对于遥远国家的好奇心
* her burning curiosity to know what's going on 她想知道发生了何事的强烈欲望
* He gave in to curiosity and opened the letter addressed to his sister. 他抑制不住好奇心, 拆开了别人写给他妹妹的信.
2 [C] strange or unusual thing or person; strange or rare object 稀奇或罕见的事物或人; 奇物; 珍品
*She is so eccentric that she is regarded as a bit of a curiosity. 她非常古怪, 算是个奇人.
3 (idm 习语) curiosity killed the `cat (saying 谚) (said to sb to stop him being too inquisitive 谓某人不可过于好奇的用语).
the desire to know about something
I opened the packet just to satisfy my curiosity.
The news aroused a lot of curiosity among local people.
She decided to follow him out of curiosity.
Margaret looked at him with curiosity .
Children have a natural curiosity about the world around them.
a man of immense intellectual curiosity
It was idle curiosity that made me ask.
someone or something that is interesting because they are unusual or strange
a house full of old maps and other curiosities
In the past, men who wanted to work with children were regarded as something of a curiosity.
It's not worth much, but I kept it for its curiosity value.
curiosity killed the cat
used to tell someone not to ask too many questions about something
COLLOCATES for sense 1
satisfy somebody's curiosity
arouse somebody's curiosity (=make people want to know about something)
out of curiosity (=because of curiosity)
idle curiosity (=wanting to know about something for no particular reason)
be burning with curiosity (=want to know about something very much)
1. It may have been because curiosity attracted them and because the scent of a possible meal attracted the sharks. 那么它们可能是出于好奇；而鲨鱼可能是闻到了可以美食一顿的香味。
2. The scientific instruments they had brought with them aroused great curiosity, and none more so than the microscope. 他们带来的科学仪器激起了人们极大的好奇，尤其是显微镜。
3. The Hyde School operates on the principle that if you teach students the merit of such values as truth, courage, integrity, leadership, curiosity and concern, then academic achievement naturally follows. 海德中学的办学宗旨是：如果你向学生传授诸如诚实、勇敢、正直、领导能力、好奇心和关心他人等美德的话，学生的学习成绩自然就会提高。该校的创始人约瑟夫·高尔德声称学校的教学计划很成功。
4. You look at her with clinical curiosity. 你带着超然的好奇心审视着她。
5. One is curiosity. 一是好奇，
6. Occasionally, usually around their anniversary, they would bring up the old curiosity regarding Aunt Esther Gubbins. 有时候，通常是在他们的结婚纪念日，他们会重温对埃丝特·格宾斯阿姨的好奇心。
7. They have much more likely done it out of curiosity or for sport, 更大的可能是出于好奇或游戏，
8. I caught the employer´s attention and aroused his curiosity. 我吸引了雇主的注意力，并激起他的好奇心.