Decimal Day 英国货币制度改为十进制之日,行动开始预定日的缩写
/'di: deɪ; `di,de/
1 day (6 June 1944) on which the Allied forces landed in N France during the Second World War 第二次世界大战盟军在法国北部的登陆日（1944年6月6日）.
2 date on which something important is due to happen 重大事件将要发生的日期
*As D-day approached we still weren't ready to move house. 日子快到了, 我们还没准备好搬家.
6th June, 1944; in the World War II, the day the allies
landed in France to begin the spread of their forces through Europe, under the command of General Eisenhower
a day on which an important operation or planned action is to begin So, today is D-day, then?
1. Every cock crows at the dawn of day. 公鸡黎明啼鸣。
2. Every day I start work at 9:00 and finish at 5:00. 我每天九点开始工作，五点结束。
3. Each day is a holiday, 每天都是假日，
4. Everything was fine until one day they found they had spent all their money. 诸事顺心如意。可是有一天，他们发现钱已花光了。
5. Every day they parted in the morning and met in the evening. 此后，他们早上分手晚上见，每天如此。
6. Every day you have said to yourself, 你以前总是在想：
7. Everything I was experiencing — the ride in the elevator, being in an apartment, eating day-old food that had been stored in a refrigerator — was such a good idea that I could imagine I would grow used to it and like it very much. 我现在所经历的每一样东西——乘电梯、住套房、吃那在冰箱里存放了一天的食物——都是我能想象得到的美妙东西, 以至于我认为我会慢慢地习惯，而且还会非常喜欢它们的。
8. Every year, on Independence Day, our Prime Minister Nehru spoke of the benefits of science and technology. 每年的独立日，我们的总理尼赫鲁都要讲一讲科学技术的好处。
9. Each person generates about 4.4 pounds of garbage a day — a number that has seen steady growth. 每人每天生产的垃圾大约为4.4磅，这一数字仍在持续增长。
10. Even on Valentine's Day, when the price of a dozen roses and delivery can soar as high as $150, 12 of Roses Only's most expensive flowers sell for just $35. 即使是在情人节，当一打玫瑰价格外加送花费可上涨至150美元的时候，"惟一玫瑰"花店里最贵的玫瑰也只卖35美元一打。