1. Betty: I´m going to meet some friends, Dad. 贝蒂: 我打算去看几个朋友, 爸爸.
2. Betty: I´m going to meet some friends, Dad. 贝蒂: 我打算去看几个朋友, 爸爸.
3. The radio clicked on. Rock music blasted forth. 收音机 "嘟"地一声，摇滚乐就 "哗啦"地响开了。
4. The plane blasted into the air like a bullet shot out of a rifle, and soon we were at 2,000 feet and climbing. 飞机像离膛的子弹射入空中，很快我们升到了2,000英尺的高空，并在继续爬升。
5. Dad has no misgivings when Mother takes the wheel, because she is an excellent driver. 当母亲开车时，父亲一点也不疑惧，因为她是一优秀的驾驶员。
6. "Dad, we'll worry about that when the time comes. "爸爸，到时候，我们自己会操心的。
7. "Dad, are you a racist?" "爸，你是个种族主义分子吗?"
8. "But Dad, that's harsh," Gail said. "不过爸爸，你这话讲得太难听了," 盖尔说。
9. "I like that music, Dad; it's my favorite group — Green Waves. "我喜欢这音乐，爸爸。这是我喜欢的乐队，叫 '绿浪'。
10. "Dad" isn't right, either. 称呼"爸爸"也不对。