1. Bolongo, he explained, meant river or stream in Mandinka, and Kamby-Bolongo could be Gambia River. 他解释说，Bolongo在曼丁哥语中意为河流或小溪，那么Kamby-Bolongo可能就是冈比亚河。
2. When the river burst its banks the fields were inundated. 河岸决堤后, 田地遭洪水淹没.
3. We tell the river all our secrets. 我们向那条河倾诉我们的秘密。
4. We have special river birthday parties in the summer. 夏天，我们为这条河举办特殊的生日宴会。
5. Well, she came with the same cargo she had on leaving James Fort, Gambia River, except that her original 140 slaves had become 98. 她与她离开冈比亚河詹姆士港口时所载的货物几乎相同，只是原来的140个奴隶现在变成了98个。
6. The bigger animals went to the surface to drink, and were promptly bogged in the river. 这个大动物到冰表面去饮水,突然掉进水里.
7. The river was very broad , and it took the boat a long time to cross. 河很宽，船走了很久才到对岸。
8. The river broadens at its mouth. 河口处河面变宽。
9. The current is strongest in the middle of the river. 河中心的水流最急.
10. They are planning to divert the river to supply water somewhere else. 他们正计划着使这河流转向，以便别处能得到水的供给。