副词:damningly 动词过去式:damned 过去分词:damned 现在分词:damning 第三人称单数:damns
1 [Tn] (of God) condemn (sb) to suffer in hell （指上帝）罚（某人）入地狱受罪.
2 [Tn] criticize (sth) severely 严厉地批评（某事物）
*The play was damned by the reviewers. 这出戏被评论家批评得一无是处.
3 [Tn] (also euph 委婉语作 darn) (infml 口) (esp as an interj, used to express annoyance, anger, etc 尤用作感叹词, 表示厌烦、愤怒等)
*Damn! I've lost my pen. 倒霉! 我钢笔丢了.
* Damn this useless typewriter! 这个破打字机真该死!
4 (idm 习语) as near as damn it/dammit => near2. damn the consequences, expense, etc never mind the difficulties 不顾一切
*Let's enjoy ourselves and damn the consequences. 咱们不管三七二十一, 且玩个儿痛快. (I'm) damned if... (infml 口) I certainly do, will, etc not...; I absolutely refuse to... 我决不...; 我绝对不...
*I'm damned if I'm going to let her get away with that! 我决不能就这样放过她!
* Damned if I know! ie I certainly don't know. 我根本就不知道! damn sb/sth with faint `praise imply criticism by not praising enough 名褒实贬. I'll be damned! (infml 口) (used as an expression of surprise 用以表示惊奇)
*Well I'll be damned
*she won after all! 好家伙, 她居然胜了! publish and be damned => publish.
n (idm 习语) not be worth a damn, etc => worth. not care/give a `damn (about sb/sth) (infml 口) not care at all 毫不在乎
*I don't give a damn what you say, I'm going. 不管你怎么说, 我走定了.
adj [attrib 作定语] (infml 口) (expressing disapproval, anger, impatience, etc 表示不满、愤怒、不耐烦等)
*Where's that damn book? 那本该死的书在哪里?
* My damn car has broken down! 我的混帐汽车坏了!
adv (infml 口)
1 (a) (expressing disapproval, anger, etc 表示不满、愤怒等) very 非常
*Don't be so damn silly! 别那么傻了!
* You know damn well what I mean! 你清清楚楚明白我的意思!
(b) (expressing approval, etc 表示同意等) very 非常
*damn good, clever, etc 非常好、聪明等
* We got out of there pretty damn fast. 我们很快就离开了那个地方.
2 (idm 习语) damn `all (infml 口) nothing at all 完全没有
*I earned damn all last week. 我上星期分文没挣.
* [attrib 作定语] It's damn all use you telling me that now! 你现在才告诉我, 管什么用!
1. Now we´ll have this bloody debt dragging on us for years, and before the damn stuff is paid for it´ll be worn out." 现在可好，我们背着这笔倒霉的债，而且不知道还得背多少年。等到债还完了，这些家具也就该烂了。”
2. “This is the second time in a month that somebody has gotten into my room off that damn balcony!” "这是一个月内第二次有人从那该死的阳台进入我的房间了。"