a large public room where people paid to go and dance in the past
1. Big Ben takes its name from Sir Benjamin Hall who was responsible for the making of the clock when the new Houses of Parliament were being built. "大本"钟得名于本杰明.霍尔爵士，因为当建造新的国会大厦时，他负责建造大钟。
2. Would you like to go to a party to dance? 你想不想参加派对跳舞?
3. We decided to hold the meeting in the hall. 我们决定在大厅里开会。
4. Would you like to go to a party to dance? 你想不想参加派对跳舞?
5. The seating capacity of this hall is 300. 这个大厅能坐三百人。
6. The snake, however, continued to ´dance´ slowly. 这条蛇仍然继续缓慢地“舞”动着。
7. The council meets in the city hall. 该委员会在市政厅开会。
8. There was absolute mayhem when the cow got into the village hall. 那牛闯进村会议厅, 造成一片混乱.
9. The show was a miscellany of song and dance. 那场演出是又有歌曲又有舞蹈的混合表演.
10. The snake, however, continued to ´dance´ slowly. It obviously could not tell the difference between Indian music and jazz! 然而那蛇却还是缓慢地"舞动"着。显然，它分辨不出印度音乐和爵士乐！