centre with a comprehensive file of computer data .
1. Experimental data seem to indicate that the amount of radon (Rn) in the water under the surface of the Earth waxes before an earthquake. 实验数据似乎表明，地震前地下水中氡的含量会增高。
2. Employers and landlords often buy this information from companies that are in the business of creating data profiles. 雇主、房东们常向开发数据档案的公司购买这类信息。
3. But, in addition to that basically simple concept, the bank and its customer owe a large number of obligations to one another. 除了这一基本的简单的概念外，银行和储户彼此还需承担大量义务。
4. But while the Internet primarily moves words, the information superhighway will soon make routine the electronic transmission of data in other formats, such as audio files and images. 但是，互联网主要是传送文字，而信息高速公路不久将使其他形式的电子数据传送（如声音资料和图像的传送）成为常规。
5. When anyone opens a current account at a bank, he is lending the bank money, repayment of which he may demand at any time, either in cash or by drawing a cheque in favour of another person. 任何人在银行开一个活期账户，就等于把钱借给了银行。这笔钱他可以随时提取，提取的方式可以是取现金，也可以是开一张以他人为收款人的支票。
6. When, for example, a customer first opens an account, he instructs the bank to debit his account only in respect of cheques drawn by himself. 比如，储户首次在银行开户时，嘱咐银行他的存款只能凭本世人签字的支票来提取。
7. We put our hands down but I just stayed exactly where I was. Then one of the bank workers pressed a button behind the counter and the steel gate at the front of the bank moved into place so that we were locked in. We just stayed like that until the p 仿佛在梦中一样，我不紧不慢地走出了银行。没有人试图阻止我，警察似乎对我并不感兴趣。他们不打算盘问我，也没有要求我作证或别的什么，所以我就那样慢悠悠地走出了银行。
8. The bank certified my accounts. 银行证明我的帐目无误.
9. They set to work accumulating a huge mass of data. 他们开始累积大量的资料。
10. The bank is controlled by a famous financier. 这家银行由一位著名的金融家控制。