n.日期,日子,(历史上某一)年代,时期,约会,枣椰子 vt.约会,定日期 vi.注明...的日期,过时 显示或设置系统日期
名词:dater 动词过去式:dated 过去分词:dated 现在分词:dating 第三人称单数:dates 形容词:datable
(a) specific numbered day of the month, or specific year, usu given to show when sth happened or is to happen 日期; 日子; 年份
*Today's date is the 23rd of June. 今天是6月23日.
* `What's the date?' `The 10th.' ｀日期是几号?＇｀10号.＇
* Has the date of the meeting been fixed? 开会的日期决定了吗? *`When was the date of the Battle of Waterloo? ' `June 1815.'｀滑铁卢战役是在何时?＇｀1815年6月.＇
(b) indication written, printed or stamped (on a letter, coin, etc) of the time when it was written, made, etc （信件、硬币等）注明的日期
*There's no date on this cheque. 这张支票上没有日期.
* The manuscript bears the date
10 April 1937. 手稿上注着1937年4月10日. =>App
2 [U] period of time in history, eg one to which antiquities belong （古物等所属的）时代, 年代
*This vase is of an earlier date (ie is older) than that one. 这个花瓶的年代比那个的早.
3 [C] (infml 口)
(a) appointment to meet sb at a particular time （约好时间的）会晤
*We made a date to go to the opera. 我们约好去看歌剧.
(b) meeting with a person of the opposite sex （和异性的）约会
*I have a date (with my girl-friend) tonight. 我今晚（和女朋友）有个约会.
(c) (esp US) person with whom one has a date1(3b) （异性的）约会对象
*My date is meeting me atseven. 我的对象七点钟跟我见面.
4 (idm 习语) (be/go),out of `date
(a) no longer fashionable 不再流行的; 过时的
*Will denim jeans ever go out of date? 粗布牛仔裤会过时吗?
* [attrib 作定语] ,out-of-date `clothes, i`deas, `slang 过时的衣服、陈旧的思想、已废的俚语.
(b) no longer valid 过期的; 失效的
*My passport is out of date. 我的护照已经过期了. to date so far; up to now 迄今; 至今; 到目前为止
*To date, we have not received any replies. 我们至今还未接到答覆.
* This is the biggest donation we've had to date. 这是到目前为止我们所收到的最大一项捐赠. (be/bring sb/sth) ,up to `date
(a) modern; fashionable 现代的; 时新的
*She wears clothes that are right up to date. 她穿着最时新的衣服.
(b) according to what is now known or required 据目前所知或所要求的
*The list is up to date now that we've added the new members' names. 我们把新成员的名字已经加进去了, 这份名单是最全的了.
* [attrib 作定语],up-to-date `styles, `methods, `books 最新的式样、方法、书籍.
1 [Tn] write a date1(1a) on (sth) 在（某物）上写上日期
*Don't forget to date your cheque. 不要忘记在支票上写上日期.
* His last letter was dated
24 May. 他最後一封信的日期是5月24日.
2 [Tn] determine the age of (sth) 鉴定（某物）的年代
*the method of dating rocks, fossils, tools, paintings 鉴定岩石、化石、工具、绘画的年代的方法.
3 [I, Tn] seem or make (sb/sth) seem old-fashioned 显得过时; 使（某人[某物]）显得过时
*Young people's clothes date quickly nowadays. 现在年轻人的衣服转眼就过时.
* Your taste in pop music really dates you. 你所喜爱的流行音乐真使你显得脱离了时代.
4 [Ipr] ~ back to/from... have existed since 自某时代存在至今
*This castle dates from the 14th century, ie was built then. 这座城堡建于14世纪.
* Our partnership dates back to (ie We have been partners since) 1960. 我们从1960年就合伙了.
5 [I, Tn] (infml 口 esp US) go on a date1(3b) with (sb), once or regularly （与异性）约会
*They've been dating for a long time. 他们一直频频约会.
* I only dated her once. 我和她只约会过一次.
1 brown sweet edible fruit of a palm tree common in N Africa and S W Asia 枣.
2 (usu 通常作 `date-palm) this tree 枣树.
1. What is the date today? 今天是几号？
2. The name of this Soviet astronaut was Leonov; and the date was March 18, 1965. 这位苏联宇航员的名字叫做列昂诺夫; 那是1965年3月18日.
3. The postmark was clear. The date was clear too. 邮戳很清楚, 日期也很清楚.
4. The name of this Soviet astronaut was Leonov; and the date was March 18, 1965. 这位苏联宇航员的名字叫做列昂诺夫; 那是1965年3月18日.
5. To avoid this, some lawyers will not draw up an agreement once a wedding date has been set. 为避免这类问题，有些律师不愿在婚期已定之后起草协议。
6. No,I already have a date. 不,我已经有一个约会了.
7. Has a decision been reached on a date for the game , or is the matter still pending? 比赛日期决定了吗，还是尚未解决？
8. He loved to be told that one of his imaginary products was temporarily out of stock and he would faithfully promise to call again at some future date, but of course he never did. 他爱听售货员说他想像出来的那种东西暂时脱销，于是他就煞有介事地许诺改天再来光顾。当然，他再也不会来了。
9. He also thinks parents are recognizing education is moving on and don't want their children to be held back by out-of-date methods. 他同时认为家长意识到教育正向前发展，不希望让过时的方法制约孩子的发展。
10. At a meeting of the military chiefs a few hours earlier, the British, at first hesitant, were raising additional objections to fixing the date for the invasion of northern France, known by the code name Overlord. 在几小时之前召开的一次军事首脑会议上，英国人先是犹豫不决，后来又节外生枝，反对商定攻占法国北部，即代号为“霸王”行动的日期。