1. Education concerning how to survive an earthquake should be a major emphasis for all government programs and earthquake-related research projects. 教育人们如何在地震中幸存下来，应该是所有政府规划和地震研究项目的重点所在。
2. By a quirk of fate, Humboldt and Bonpland met Mariano Luis de Urquijo, Prime Minister of Spain, who was able to obtain for them the permission to visit the Spanish empire in South America. 由于命运的安排，洪堡和庞普朗遇到了西班牙首相乌而吉乔，他可以使他们得到前往南美洲的西班牙帝国去访问的许可。
3. Why should we put so much emphasis on individualism? 为什么我们如此强调个人主义?
4. At the same time they became acquainted with one of the canoe pilots on the river, a Guayaqui Indian by the name of Carlos de Pinero. 与此同时，他们结识了一位在河上驾独木舟的人，他是爪亚基尔一位名叫卡洛斯·德派因罗的印第安人。
5. "I want to be a conductor, and I've already chosen the best American music school," specifies Sandro Rodrigo de Barros. 桑德罗·罗德里戈·德·巴洛斯明确表示: "我想做一名音乐指挥家，而且我已经选择好了美国最好的音乐学院。"
6. And they give the same emphasis to a traffic jam that they give a family argument," he says. 他们把交通阻塞，看得和家庭纠纷一样重," 他说。
7. Parents de mand obedience from their children. 父母要求他们的孩子孝顺。
8. Our leaders had failed to see that the emphasis on symbol manipulation at IIT left little room for social thought and much scope for the greedy outcomes of capital-driven business. 我们的领导人没有看到，当印度技术学院在重视计算机编程的时候，几乎没有留下任何空间让学生们去关心社会, 却给受资本驱使的企业的贪欲留下了极大的空间。
9. Owing to this difference in emphasis, the Japanese are thorough in their meetings as well as in their production. 由于这种重点的不同，日本人不仅在生产上讲求有始有终，而且开会也讲求有始有终。
10. In 1858, a French engineer, Aime Thome de Gamond, arrived in England with a plan for a twenty-one-mile tunnel under the English Channel. 1858年，一位名叫埃梅.托梅.德.干蒙的法国工程师带着建造一条长21英里、穿越英吉利海陕的隧道计划到了英国。