1. By a violent effort she overcame her feelings and replied in a calm voice, as she wiped her wet cheeks: 她极力控制住自己的情绪，一边擦泪，一边平静地答道：
2. By the time Ben was tired out, Tom had traded the next chance to Billy Fisher for a kite in good repair; and when he played out, Johnny Miller bought in for a dead rat and a string to swing it with; and so on, and so on, hour after hour. 等到本累垮了，汤姆早已把粉刷权转让给比利·费希尔，换来一只完好的风筝。比利·费希尔干不下去了，约翰尼·米勒把粉刷权买了下来，代价是一只死耗子，和一条甩着玩的绳子。于是买主一个接着一个地来了，时间也一小时又一小时地过去了。
3. C.You call your doctor and ask for pills to keep you calm through the next few hours. c.你打电话给你的医生，要求开一些药丸，来使你在接下来的几个小时里保持平静。
4. But nowadays even, it is not uncommon for a person to be brought back with heart massage (按摩) perhaps a full hour or more after he's "dead." 但是在今天，一个人在“死亡”整整一小时或更长时间以后，还能靠心脏按摩起死回生，这已不是什么稀罕事了。
5. By 2084, if we can store a dead body in a cold refrigerator room soon enough, lots of people who now would die may not. 到2084年，如果我们能及早将尸体储存到冷藏室内，那么许多现在可能难逃一死的人或许可以就起死回生了。
6. We express our mourning for the dead. 我们向死者表示哀悼。
7. When they passed the place where the dead boy lay, each soldier saluted. 当他们路过停放着男孩尸体的地方时, 每个士兵都向他敬礼.
8. It is very rarely that one comes across a dead body, except, of course, on the roads. 但是，除非在路上，很少有人遇到这些动物的尸体，
9. Wherever it went, it left behind it a trail of dead deer and small animals like rabbits. 无论它走哪儿，一路上总会留下一串死鹿及死兔子之类的小动物，
10. Who has not stood in awe at the sight of a spider pouncing on a fly, or a column of ants triumphantly bearing home an enormous dead beetle? 当看到蜘蛛扑向一只苍蝇时，一队蚂蚁抬着一只巨大的死甲虫凯旋归时，谁能不感到敬畏呢?